Best 3D printing books for artists, doctors, architects, designers, freelancers and business owners
3D printing is the process of creating 3 Dimensional objects that means it is an additive manufacturing process that creates a physical object from a digital design. If you have little experience in the 3D printing arena or even if you are a beginner in this field you will be able to establish your 3D printing skills after reading these books.
Here you will get some 3D printing books.
This is a great introductory book, especially for the beginner. It contains much useful info on 3D printing and 3 different types of software. This book definitely helps you learn and understand 3D printing with great details and useful tips.
This book provides you
- A short history of 3D printing
- Hardware and software choices for consumers
- Hands-on tutorial exercises the reader can practice for free at home
- The knowledge to apply 3D printing in the readers' life and profession.
- The troubleshooting section
- The current state of 3D printing
- The advice on which equipment is right for you
- Model repositories
- 3D printing services
- Extruder, heat bed, heat bed adhesion techniques, SLT, FMD etc.
This book act as a good first step to learn about the process. You'll find all aspect to successfully start 3D printing.
The 3D Printing Handbook provides the mechanisms behind all major 3D printing technologies and decision-making tools for technology selection, practical advice on selecting the right technology and how to design for 3D printing, based upon the first-hand experience from the industry's leading experts. This book is primarily designed for engineers and designers and make you master the key aspects of 3D printing.
- 3D printing technologies & materials
- Overview of 3D printing
- Material extrusion - FFF
- VAT polymerization - SLA/DLP
- Decision-making tools
- Designing for 3D printing
- General design and considerations for 3D printing
- Description of 3D printed features
- Designing for FFF
- Designing for SLA/DLP
- Designing for SLS
- Designing for material jetting
- Designing for binder jetting
- Design rules summary table
- Applications of 3D printing
- Tools for producing 3D designs
- Applications of FFF, SLA/DLP, SLS, material jetting etc.
Grasp the strategies and improving yourself in 3D printing
In this book, you'll find all aspect of 3D printing in one place. Business people, entrepreneurs, and hobbyists use 3D printing in their lifetime. Here you'll find all the fast and easy-to-follow guidance you need to grasp the methods available to create 3D printable objects using software, 3D scanners, and even photographs through open source software applications like 123D Catch.
Important contents are
- Seeing how 3D printers fit into the modern manufacturing
- Exploring the types of 3D printing
- Exploring applications of 3D printing
- Identifying available materials for 3D printing
- Identifying sources for 3D printable objects
- Exploring the business side of a 3D printing
- Understanding 3D printing effects on traditional lines of business
- Reviewing 3D printing research
- Exploring 3D printed artwork
- Considering consumer-level 3D printers
- Assembling structural elements and much much more.
This book is full of illustrations, real-world photos of printer set up and functions that give you a good background to move on in the right direction. It covers almost everything with a lot of base information.
Mastering 3D Printing learns you
- How to get the most out of your printer
- How to design models
- Choose materials
- Work with different printers, and
- Integrate 3D printing with traditional prototyping to make techniques like sand casting more efficient
- To innovate with your 3D printer to start a business or teach and inspire others.
- Open-source 3D printers
- A brief history of 3D printing
- The desktop 3D printer
- Open source
- The 3D printing process
- Making a 3D model
- Slicing a 3D model
- Driving your printer: G-code
- Material considerations
- Case studies
- Moving to metal
- Large prints and post-processing
- Using your printer
- Printers in the classroom
- Scientific Visualization.
Make money with 3D printing
Know the basic idea of what 3D printing is, how to create 3D models, understand and utilize the technology to design and manufacture products, design and create anything for anyone, anywhere, turn 3D printing into a business by reading this book. Those who are new to the industry it is an inspirational or motivational read for them.
From this book, you'll
- Get advice on investing in 3D companies
- Know how to use 3D printing for good
- Monetize your 3D printing skills
- Able to design, print and sell products from the comfort of your own homes
- Know you how to create 3D printed objects
- Know all the practical steps of turning your 3D printing skills into a business
- Get advice on how best to approach marketing
- Know where to find ideas and inspiration
- Find how best to juggle various practical tasks that every new entrepreneur inevitably has to deal with.
3D Printing Projects make you creating, innovating and motivating. Adults as well as children also able to 3D models for 3D printers.
You will be able to make items like
- Treasure boxes
- key hooks
- Phone stands
- Photo frames
- Desk Caddies
- A lantern and
- Even a chess set
- How to design and print your own toys
- Gadgets, and models
- Step-by-step visual instruction for both simple and more complicated pieces
- To build small treasure boxes to chess sets
- Model cars
- Designing to scanning
- Scanning to modeling
- Modeling to digital sculpting
- Digital sculpting to slicing
- Slicing to printing.
Functional Design for 3D Printing is a great book that contains lots of useful information 3d printing and utility.
After reading this book you'll be able to
- Turn your ideas into practical designs that print reliably and assemble into durable functional objects
- Maximize strength for utility and estimate working and failure load ratings
- Minimize printing time, material use, and weight
- Minimize the chance of print failure
- Ensuring reliable prints on a variety of machines and software
- Design printable hinges, latches, interlocking parts, and other functional elements
- Design printable electronic breadboards, prototypes, and simple components Integrate flexibility and multiple materials into your functional designs.
- Designing for the FFM process
- Design for strength
- Design paradigms
- Designing for fit
- Fastening and joinery
- Functional elements and engineered features
- Understanding the slicer.
This is a quick read which will save your time and contains many useful examples and projects. You can use Autodesk Fusion 360 to digitally model your own original projects for a 3D printer or a CNC device. It is a powerful professional design tool software which lets you design, analyze, and print your ideas.
Here, you'll get
- Eight easy-to-understand tutorials that provide a solid foundation in Fusion 360 fundamentals
- A good introduction to sculpting
- DIY projects that are explained with step-by-step instructions and color photos
- Projects that have been real-world tested, covering the most common problems and solutions
- Stand-alone projects.
Fusion 360 is an appropriate tool for beginners and experienced makers combined with many online tutorials which make the program approachable.
A very methodological, solid analysis to 3D printing with informative images and diagrams. Excellent easy to read guide for beginners. This book covers an extensive overview of 3D printing technologies, coupled with a detailed analysis of the 3D printing industry, scores of case examples, and broader predictions for the future of additive manufacturing, a glossary of 172 3D printing terms, and an extensive 3D Printing Directory.
The full contents of the book are as follows
- The revolution continues
- 3D printing technologies
- The 3D printing industry
- Direct digital manufacturing
- Personal fabrication
- 3D printing in context.
- 3D math functions
- Light and other waves
- Simple machines
- Plants and their ecosystems