Best Android app development books 2019 | Learn Android
Android is a mobile operating system and Android app development is the process by which new applications are created for devices running the Android operating system. This app is developed for mobile devices as businesses today are turning to mobile apps to expand their strategies to tap a higher customer base.
Here you will get some Android app development books 2019
This comprehensive book covers all the bases. It includes a lot of materials and the goal of this book is to teach the skills necessary to develop Android-based applications using the Java programming language.
This book covers
- View models
- Lifecycle management
- Room databases
- App navigation
- Live data and data binding
- Touch screen handling
- Gesture recognition
- Camera access
- The playback and recording of both video and audio
- The layout editor, the ConstraintLayout and ConstraintSet classes, constraint chains and barriers, direct reply notifications and multi-window support.
- Google Play specific topics such as implementing maps using the Google Maps Android API and submitting apps to the Google Play Developer Console.
Kotlin for Android App Development will help you rapidly understand Kotlin’s principles and techniques, Kotlin language, its constructs, and its advanced functional and object-oriented capabilities. You'll be able to apply Kotlin in production app development, integrate Kotlin with existing Java code, and plan a migration to Kotlin. This book is the best practices for architecting Kotlin Android apps
The key contents are
- Introducing Kotlin
- Diving into Kotlin
- Functional programming in Kotlin
- Object orientation in Kotlin
- Interoperability with Java
- Concurrency in Kotlin
- Android app development with Kotlin: a Kudoo app
- Android app development with Kotlin: nutritious
- Kotlin DSLs
- Migrating to Kotlin.
Android Development for Gifted Primates is an excellent and quick read study guide. People who have some basic knowledge of Java or some other C-family language (even PHP counts) which will allow them to pick the basics quickly. Again this is the book for those people willing to spend some quality time learning the basics of Java programming.
What you'll learn
- How to create a user interface by using XML
- How to make that user interface interactive
- Background services
- How to facilitate communication between various Android components by using Intents and Broadcast Receivers
- How people debugged their Android apps in the trenches of World War I.
This is a good start for beginning Android programming. It covers all the fundamentals and the explanations are very clear. Exercises are very efficient and if you complete all the exercises in the book you can build real-life useful apps. This book also includes images, graphs so you can relate it. Some included topics are programming in Java and XML to develop layouts, fragments, classes, SQL data, and many other data structures useful to quality app construction.
You'll learn the following
- How to structure your app
- Design flexible and interactive interfaces
- Run services in the background
- Make your app work on various smartphones and tablets.
The explanation of this book is very clear. This is a must-have book for android development. After reading this book and follow the instructions you can introduce yourself as an android developer. You'll be able to leverage the latest features of Android to create robust and compelling mobile apps. This book includes examples that show you how to quickly construct real-world mobile applications.
You'll be able to
- Learn the best practices that get more out of Android
- Understand the anatomy, lifecycle, and UI metaphor of Android apps
- Design for all mobile platforms, including tablets
- Utilize both the Android framework and Google Play services