Best AutoCAD Books 2022 for Training and Certification
AutoCAD stands for Automated Computer Aided Design. This is a drafting and designing software application. It provides its users with an intuitive user-interface that comes with built-in design layouts.
AutoCAD software for 2D and 3D CAD is engineered for the future. Here you can find the best AutoCAD books in 2022 review to learn and prepare yourself for the certification exam.
You'll learn the most straightforward ways to tackle design tasks with the accompanying real-world examples, downloadable project files, and step-by-step instructions. The book covers CAD interface basics, drafting tools, how to use hatches, fields, and tables, and advanced skills like attributes, dynamic blocks, drawing curves, and solid fills. It also helps you prepare for Autodesk AutoCAD certification.
- Creating and developing AutoCAD drawings
- Drawing curves and applying solid fills
- Effectively using hatches, fields, and tables
- Manipulating dynamic blocks and attributes
- Applying 3D modelling and imaging techniques
- Customizing and integrating your AutoCAD software
- Mastering interface basics and drafting tools
- Organizing objects with blocks and groups
- Selecting objects and editing with grips
AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT are one of the most versatile software applications for architectural and engineering designs and the most popular computer-aided design (CAD) platform for 2D drafting and 3D modelling. This hands-on guide will take you through everything you need to know to make the most out of this powerful tool, starting from a simple tour of the user interface through to using advanced tools. Starting with basic drawing shapes and functions, you'll get to grips with the fundamentals of CAD designs. You'll then learn about effective drawing management using layers, dynamic blocks, and groups and discover how to add annotations and plot like professionals.
What you will learn:
- Understand CAD fundamentals using AutoCAD's basic functions, navigation, and components.
- Create complex 3d solid objects starting from the primitive shapes using solid editing tools.
- Working with reusable objects like Blocks and collaborating using xRef.
- Explore some advanced features like external references and dynamic block.
AutoCAD 2021 Instructor is an ideal reference guide, unlike tutorial-oriented books where specific information is hard to relocate. Because these chapters focus on related commands, and complete coverage for each command is given in one place, the commands, procedures, and applications are easy to reference. Tabbed pages help locate tables, lists, appendices, and the comprehensive index.
What makes this book unique?
- In-depth coverage of AutoCAD 2021 commands and features
- Command Tables indicate where to locate and how to start each command
- TIP markers in the margin provide important tips, notes, reminders, short-cuts and identify what's new
- Complete chapter exercises with many multi-chapter REUSE problems
- Well suited for a two or three-course sequence
This textbook starts with a basic introduction to AutoCAD 2021. The first three chapters are intended to get you familiar with the user interface and the most common menus and tools. Throughout the rest of the book, you will design a residence through to its completion.
Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, details, etc. Throughout the project, new AutoCAD commands are covered at the appropriate time. Focus is placed on the most essential parts of a command rather than an exhaustive review of every sub-feature of a particular command. The Appendix contains a bonus section covering the fundamental principles of engineering graphics that relate to architecture.
This book also comes with extensive video instruction as well as bonus chapters that cover must know commands, sketching exercises, a roof study workbook and much more.
There’s simply no better resource for anyone learning about and/or teaching CAD software than the Beginning AutoCAD Exercise Workbook. Veteran AutoCAD experts and former instructors Shrock and Heather have packed the 2021 version with a vastly improved interior design layout, 30 in-depth lessons with hundreds of useful practice exercises, all new screenshots, along with tried and true features such as “CAD tips” and side-by-side metric/inch measurements. The detailed, step-by-step format makes mastering AutoCAD much easier, in or out of a formal classroom. Readers can download the provided templates used for drawings in the book from the Industrial Press website.
In this book, you will discover the process evolved in modelling a Home in AutoCAD from scratch to a completed two storied home. You will start by creating two-dimensional floor plans and elevations. Later, you will move on to 3D modelling and create exterior and interior walls, doors, balcony, windows, stairs, and railing. You will learn to create a roof on top of the home.
You will add materials to the 3D model, create lights and cameras, and then render it. Also, you will learn to prepare the model for 3D printing.
Designed for introductory AutoCAD users, Discovering AutoCAD 2020 presents a hands-on, activity-based approach to the use of AutoCAD 2020 as a drafting tool―complete with techniques, tips, shortcuts, and insights that improve efficiency. Topics and tasks are carefully grouped to lead students logically through the AutoCAD command set, with the level of difficulty increasing steadily as skills are acquired through experience and practice. Straightforward explanations focus on what is relevant to actual drawing procedures, and illustrations show exactly what to expect on the computer screen. This edition features updates for the latest release of AutoCAD 2020, projects, and test questions for each chapter.
AutoCAD For Dummies helps you de-mystify the handy software and put the tools in AutoCAD to use. Written by an experienced AutoCAD engineer and mechanical design instructor, it assumes no previous computer-aided drafting experience as it walks you through the basics of starting projects and drawing straight lines all the way up through 3D modelling.
- Conquer the first steps in creating an AutoCAD project
- Tackle drawing basics including straight lines and curves
- Add advanced skills including 3D drawing and modelling
- Set up a project and move into 3D
It's true that AutoCAD is tough, but with the friendly instruction in this hands-on guide, you'll find everything you need to start creating marvellous models―without losing your cool.
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2017 for Architecture is the best selling guide for Revit Architecture users of all levels, with focused discussions, detailed exercises, and compelling real-world examples.
it is organized by real-world workflow, practical tutorials guide you through each phase of a project to help you understand BIM concepts and quickly start accomplishing vital Revit Architecture tasks.
What You Will Learn
- How to design templates, work-sharing with another and project management
- You will learn to model, create documentation, annotation and work with complex structures
- This book provides full coverage of essential Revit Architecture tools and processes
- To learn up-to-date Revit Architecture workflows and processes
- You will learn master modeling, massing, and other visualization techniques
- Work with complex structural elements and advanced detailing
- You can prepare yourself for Autodesk certification exams.
AutoCAD 2017 For Beginners is one of the best books to learn drafting quickly. Using easy, real-world examples and then launches into the example that gives you direct experience and a good start.
Whether you are a beginner or trying to upgrade your skills, this step-by-step guide provides a solid base in design and drafting.
What you will learn:
- How to create basic drawings with drawing tools
- You will learn to add dimensions and annotations
- How to create and edit complex drawings with the modify tools to drawings
- Prepare your drawing for printing
- Create and edit 3D models
- Learn to create the architectural floor plan
In depth of this book, you will learn how to work with 3d in AutoCAD and how to implement 3d technology in your application. If you want to learn AutoCAD 3D, AutoCAD Introduction to AutoCAD 3D design gets you started today.
What You Will Learn:
- AutoCAD Introduction to AutoCAD 3D Design
- You can learn to draft in three dimensions
- You'll learn about 3D modeling
- Create and edit 3D models
- Learn to create the architectural floor plan.