Best Biochemistry Books | Enhance Your Scientific Knowledge
Biochemistry is the science where chemistry is applied to the study of living organisms. It includes organic molecules and their chemical reactions. The study of the chemistry behind the biological processes and the synthesis of biologically active molecules are the basic examples of biochemistry. This study of science has been able to raise our interest in the research of life processes. Here you will get some of the best Biochemistry books if you want to develop specialized knowledge of the chemistry of life and their experimental basis.
This Biochemistry book is great for everything you need to know about Biochemistry and the building blocks of life. With its short chapters and relevant examples, this book is uniquely effective in helping students see the connections between the biochemistry they’re studying and their own lives. This new edition takes into account recent discoveries and advances that have changed how we think about the fundamental concepts in biochemistry and human health. A number of new interactive features are designed to help instructors create a more active environment in the classroom. Those new resources are found in LaunchPad, the third edition’s dedicated version of W.H. Freeman’s breakthrough online course space.
You will learn from this book:
- Functions of biochemical processes and equations
- A broad overview of biochemical pathways and mechanisms
- Organized concepts and illustrations of biochemistry
- Biochemistry questions with understandable explanations
For four decades, this extraordinary textbook played a pivotal role in the way biochemistry is taught, offering exceptionally clear writing, innovative graphics, coverage of the latest research techniques and advances, and a signature emphasis on physiological and medical relevance. This is one of the biochemistry textbooks with an excellent source of biochemical questions highly recommended for chemistry lovers.
- Chemical equations
- Laboratory techniques
- Basics of Biochemistry
- Well formatted practice questions of biochemistry
- Biochemical pathways and mechanisms
The best Biochemistry books that shine a powerful light in the darkest chasm of the medical field known as mental health. This guide explains that nutrient imbalance can cause mental disorders by disrupting the gene expression of proteins and enzymes, crippling the body’s protection against environmental toxins, and changing brain levels of key neurotransmitters.
This Nutrient Power book is a condensed description of Dr. William Walsh’s 30 years of research in the field of nutrient therapy to treat mental disorders. The science-based medical approach developed by this scientist is called "biomedical therapy" or "nutrient therapy" Dr. Walsh created non-profits in order to be able to conduct research about the role of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids in mental disorders.
The nutrient therapy treatment aims at regulating the synthesis of neurotransmitters using natural chemistry, without producing the negative side effects that the psychiatric drugs generate. It also shows families, patients, and doctors how to change their behavior and improve their health through new skills that will last when psychiatric drugs are no longer used.
The book is written in a simple language so that anyone interested in medical science can understand some basic chemical processes that occur in the human body/brain. A must-read for families, individuals, and medical practitioners interested in psychiatric healthcare
What You Can Learn from This Amazing Book?
- Overview of brain chemistry
- Nutrient power
- Basic understanding and clinical processes of Nutrient therapy
- The decisive role of nutrients in mental health
- New scientific developments and treatments to aid those with Epigenetic disorders, Schizophrenia, Anxiety, depressions, Behavioral disorders, Autism, Alzheimer's disease and more
- The most recent data to push beyond psychiatric medicine to a more efficient treatment system.
This book is one of the most straight forward science-based biochemistry books explaining the interactions between molecules and proteins. It addresses the enormous advances in biochemistry, particularly in the as of structural biology and Bioinformatics, by providing a solid biochemical foundation that is rooted in chemistry to prepare students for the scientific challenges of the future. While continuing in its tradition of presenting complete and balanced coverage that is clearly written and relevant to human health and disease, Fundamentals of Biochemistry enhances visuals that provide a pathway for student learning.
This Amazing Book Covers:
- Introduction to the origin of life, cell architecture, and thermodynamics.
- Physical and chemical properties of water
- Overview of the structure, function, and engineering of biomolecules
- Analysis, sequencing, and evolution of polypeptides
- Mechanism of actions and properties of enzymes and hormones in signal transduction
- Overview of gene expression and replication
- Experimental approaches and pathways to the study of metabolism
This is a very concise well-developed tool that summarizes all of the functions in biochemistry to help explain the complex world of biochemistry in an easy-to-understand fashion. This 3-panel (6-pages) guide provides the most comprehensive information on the subject―definitions, formulas, molecular structure, and full-color charts and illustrations highlighting important chemical concepts. This is a good companion on this subject and may be helpful for middle school students.
What Type of Information You Can Find?
- Chemical concepts of biochemistry
- Biochemical periodic table
- Definitions, formulas, and molecular structures of biochemistry
- Abbreviations used in biology and biochemistry
- Broader chemical principles
This is a comprehensive, well-illustrated and detailed textbook on biochemistry concepts. This is one of the bestseller best biochemistry books for the introductory biochemistry course because it brings clarity and coherence to an often unwieldy discipline, offering a thoroughly updated survey of biochemistry enduring principles, definitive discoveries, and groundbreaking new advances with each edition. This edition maintains the qualities that have distinguished the text since Albert Lehninger's original edition clear writing, careful explanations of difficult concepts, helpful problem-solving support, and insightful communication of contemporary biochemistry core ideas, new techniques, and pivotal discoveries. Again, David Nelson and Michael Cox introduce students to an extraordinary amount of exciting new findings without an overwhelming amount of extra discussion or detail. It is worthy of buying.
Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry Covers:
- Basic concepts of biochemistry
- Molecular structures, functions, and formulas of biochemistry
- Biochemical pathways and mechanisms
- Chemical equations and laboratory techniques
Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections is an informative, highly visual, precise, and a fresh approach to guide today’s mixed-science majors to a deeper understanding of biochemistry. This book engages students in the rapidly evolving field of biochemistry, better preparing them for the challenges of 21century science through quantitative reasoning skills and a rich, chemical perspective on biological processes.
The text is fully integrated with Mastering Chemistry to provide support for students before, during, and after class. Highlights include interactive animations and tutorials based on the textbook’s biochemical art program and Foundation Figures to help students visualize complex processes, apply, and test conceptual understanding as well as quantitative reasoning.
This concise first edition teaches mixed-science-majors the chemical logic underlying the mechanisms, pathways, and processes in living cells through groundbreaking biochemical art and a clear narrative that illustrates biochemistry’s relation to all other life sciences.
What's Inside This Book?
- The science and origins of biochemistry
- The elements and molecules of living systems
- The chemical foundations and energetics of life
- Introduction to protein structure, function, and evolution
- Overview of biological catalysts
- Overview of carbohydrate metabolism
- A broad overview of metabolism and its pathways
- Overview of gene expression and its regulation
This Book Contains:
- Introduction to protein structure and functions
- Bioenergetics and metabolism of biomolecules
- overview of medical nutrition
- Storage and expression of genetic information
- A bonus chapter on blood clotting with new, additional questions is included online
This Textbook May Help You To:
- See how biochemistry applies to everyday healthcare through integrative, chapter-based cases as well as “Clinical” boxes throughout.
- Learn and study effortlessly with a concise outline format, abundant full-color artwork, and chapter overviews and summaries.
- Look for icons that signal an animation at the point or an integrative clinical case in the Appendix.
- Assess and reinforce your learning with more than 200 new review questions available online.
Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry is an excellent book to gain a thorough understanding of the principles of biochemistry and molecular biology as they relate to modern. This concisely illustrated book is unrivaled in its ability to clarify the link between biochemistry and the molecular basis of disease. It successfully combines the outstanding full-color illustrations with integrated coverage of biochemical diseases and clinical information.
This Illustrated Biochemistry book contains two introductory chapters divided into six sections as follows:
#Section I addresses the structures and functions of proteins and enzymes.
#Section II explains how various cellular reactions utilize or release energy and traces the pathways by which carbohydrates and lipids are synthesized and degraded.
#Section III covers the amino acids, their metabolic fates, certain features of protein catabolism, and the biochemistry of the porphyrins and bile pigments.
#Section IV describes the structure and function of nucleotides and nucleic acids, DNA replication and repair, RNA synthesis and modification, protein synthesis, the principles of recombinant DNA technology, and a new understanding of how gene expression is regulated.
#Section V deals with aspects of extracellular and intracellular communication.
#Section VI includes15 special topics, ranging from nutrition, digestion, and absorption to the biochemistry of aging
What's New to This 29th Edition?
- New chapters on Aging, Cancer, and Clinical Chemistry
- A brief discussion of the biomedical importance of topics discussed within the chapter
- 250 multiple-choice questions to test your knowledge and comprehension
- Increased number of tables that encapsulate important information, such as vitamin and mineral requirements
The Thirty-First Edition of Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry is an amazing book to help you understand the medical relevance of biochemistry. It emphasizes the link between biochemistry and the understanding of disease states, disease pathology, and the practice of medicine. This book presents a clear and precise review of the fundamentals of biochemistry, featuring a full-color presentation and numerous medically relevant examples that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
You Can Find from This Textbook:
- Boxed Objectives define the goals of each chapter
- The full-color presentation includes more than 600 illustrations of biochemistry
- Review Questions follow each of the eleven sections
- Introduction to the structure and function of biomolecules
- Overview of the metabolic pathways of biomolecules
- Biochemistry of extracellular and intracellular communications
- 16 special topics overviewing biochemistry
New To This Edition of Illustrated Biochemistry:
- Hundreds of references to disease states throughout.
- A new chapter addressing the biochemical roles of transition metals.
- Updated review questions.
- Frequent tables summarizing key links to disease states.
- New text on cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM).
- The cover picture of the protein structure of the Zika virus, solved by cryo-EM.