Best CakePHP Books 2023 to Learn & Master The Framework
CakePHP is a web framework for PHP to implement the Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm. It's designed to make PHP web development easier, but the overall workflow is completely different than plain PHP. Here you can find the best CakePHP books 2023 to learn & master the framework.
A unique approach to learn CakePHP via unit testing and test-driven development (TDD) CakePHP is one of today's most popular PHP frameworks. You'll learn about unit testing and how to implement it in CakePHP. This approach of coding leads to better code, better applications, and better programming habits. With this knowledge, your PHP skills will go from strength to strength allowing you to write more and improved code.
What you will learn
- What is CakePHP and unit testing and how to implement together
- To learn how to write clean coding
- What are TDD and the development cycle in CakePHP
- How to work with fixtures, controller tests, model tests, text callbacks, and more
- How to do mocks, testing, test suites, from the command line and more
- How to work with code coverage, private methods, and fixtures data
If you are a CakePHP developer looking to ease the burden of development, then this book is for you. As a headfirst dive into the framework, this collection of recipes will help you to get the most out of CakePHP. Even if you're not familiar with the framework, we'll take you from basic CRUD building to useful solutions that will aid in getting the job done quickly and efficiently.
What you will learn:
- Start developing with a lightning-fast introduction to CakePHP
- To learn how to handle HTTP requests and responses
- Introduce to event system and creating shells
- Discover various routing techniques and a selection of API strategies
- How to easily you can maintain and migrate your application's database schema
- Get introduced to the fundamentals of unit testing in the framework
Written in cookbook style, this book offers learning and techniques through recipes. It contains step-by-step instructions for CakePHP developers to create unique web applications. The book is designed in such a way that you can refer to things chapter by chapter and read them in no particular order. If you are a CakePHP developer who wants to discover quick and easy ways to improve web applications and to leverage all aspects of the framework, this book is for you. This book assumes that you already have knowledge of CakePHP and general PHP development skills.
The first detailed, unbiased comparison of the three leading PHP frameworks
Web developers have been eager for an impartial comparison of leading PHP frameworks so they can make educated decisions about the most effective tool for their needs. This guide uses Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework to solve key problems, providing source code examples and comparisons for each. It explains the approach and reviews the similarities and differences in the three frameworks, providing reliable information on which to base your decisions.
- Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework are considered the leading PHP frameworks; developers need an unbiased comparison to choose which one works best for their individual situations
- This guide uses each framework to solve the same problems, illustrating the solutions with source code examples and working applications
- Covers a wide range of topics, from installation and configuration to the most advanced features like AJAX, web services and automated testing.
- Includes an appendix of new PHP frameworks, including CodeIgniter, Lithium, and Agavi
- Bestselling PHP author Elizabeth Naramore serves as technical editor
CakePHP is a leading PHP based web app development framework. Beginning CakePHP, From Novice to Professional teaches you individual lessons for CakePHP functionality that eventually lead to a working blog platform. You'll learn all the fundamentals of CakePHP development and you'll have no trouble following along as a complete beginner.
What you will learn
- How to use convention over configuration in CakePHP
- Use Bake Script to generate Crud Operation
- Working with controller and models
- Implementing Ajax features in CakePHP
- Write friendly URLs in the router
- Incorporating advanced features into your web development projects.
- Installing 3rd party plugin and work with CakePHP Behaviors.
A step-by-step introduction to rapid web development using the open-source MVC CakePHP framework. If you already know PHP and want to develop cutting-edge Web applications or see how to write code in a faster, more productive way, then this book is ideal for you.
What you will learn:
- Develop controllers to interact with model classes and use callback functions
- SEO friendly web application development
- Generate custom user interfaces using layouts, elements, helper classes
- To Work with user pages, pagination, search, and RSS
- Working with the MVC structure in CakePHP
- Integrate authentication and email configuration
If you've been using PHP in your recent projects and would like to start using a web framework, you can try CakePHP, which is an open source rapid development web framework built on PHP.
PHP experts Kai Chan and John Omokore guide you through a variety of practical CakePHP applications. Practical CakePHP Projects covers the key architectural concepts as well as including mini projects that you can use to enhance your own applications.
What you will learn:
- How to create an e-commerce website from start to finish
- Real world projects based on current and future trends
- It is a technique that you can use right away in CakePHP
- To use unit testing and web testing
- How to translate your sites and add captcha
- Building a message web forum, blogging system, and web testing
- How to use google maps in your Cake Application
The goal of this book is to provide a wide variety of useful functionality that is required by most websites today. In the final chapter, we will take all that we’ve learned and create one final large project.
During this process, I will instil my knowledge in taking a project from start to finish including creating a scope of work to ensure we have accomplished our target goals.
By the end of this book, you should be able to build fully functional websites using CakePHP. Hopefully, you should also be able to cut your development time at least in half, if not more!