Best CISSP Study Guide and Books in 2023 | Get CISSP Certification
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is one of the prestigious, globally recognized and vendor-neutral exam for information security professionals. To get prepared for the CISSP Exam, you need to know everything related to the exam. Here you will get the best CISSP study guide and books in 2023 which will help you to get this certification with ease and success.
Along with the book, you also get access to Sybex's superior online interactive learning environment that includes four practice exams each with 125 unique questions to help you identify where you need to study more, more than 1000 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce your learning and give you last-minute test prep before the exam, a searchable glossary in PDF to give you instant access to the key terms you need to know for the exam.
Coverage of all of the exam topics in each book means you'll be ready for:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
Covers all 8 CISSP domains:
- Security and risk management
- Asset security
- Security architecture and engineering
- Communication and network security
- Identity and access management (IAM)
- Security assessment and testing
- Security operations
- Software development security
Online content includes:
- 1400+ practice exam questions
- Graphical question quizzes
- Test engine that provides full-length practice exams and customizable quizzes by chapter or exam domain
- Access to Flash cards
The (ISC)2 CISSP Official Practice Tests is a major resource for (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) candidates, providing 1300 unique practice questions. The first part of the book provides 100 questions per domain. You also have access to four unique 125-question practice exams to help you master the material. As the only official practice tests endorsed by (ISC)2, this book gives you the advantage of full and complete preparation. These practice tests align with the 2021 version of the exam to ensure up-to-date preparation, and are designed to cover what you will see on exam day.
Coverage includes: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, and Software Development Security.
The CISSP credential signifies a body of knowledge and a set of guaranteed skills that put you in demand in the marketplace. This book is your ticket to achieving this prestigious certification, by helping you test what you know against what you need to know.
By the end of this book, you'll be ready to take and pass the (ISC)2 CISSP exam and achieve the Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification putting you in the position to build a career as a security engineer, security manager, or chief information security officer (CISO)
What you will learn
- Understand key principles of security, risk management, and asset security
- Become well-versed with topics focused on the security architecture and engineering domain
- Test your knowledge of IAM and communication using practice questions
- Study the concepts of security assessment, testing, and operations
- Find out which security controls are applied in software development security
- Find out how you can advance your career by acquiring this gold-standard certification
The CISSP exam conducted by ISC2 is the hardest and most rewarded cyber security examination. The test has several domains and sub-domains and covers a wide range of topics on security, including cyber and physical building security fields. It also covers breaches, discovery of breaches, and how to report data breaches.
Because the subject area is vast and the questions are almost never repeated, it is hard for the exam taker to memorize or quickly discover the correct solution. The four options given as answers typically have two very close matches to the question. With quick analysis, it is possible to discover from the verbiage of a question what is truly being asked and learn how to find the closest possible solution without spending too much time on each question.
What You Will Learn
- Think outside the box (the CISSP exam demands this of candidates)
- Quickly discern the gist of a question, eliminate the distractors, and select the correct answer
- Understand the use of words such as MOST, BEST, FIRST, LAST in the questions
- Select the correct answer when multiple options look like possible solutions
"How do you think like a manager?" It is one of the most common questions asked when preparing for the CISSP exam. Using 25 CISSP practice questions with detailed explanations, this book will attempt to answer how to think like a member of a senior management team who has the goal of balancing risk, cost, and most of all, human life. The questions will take you through how to resist thinking from a technical perspective to one that is more holistic of the entire organization.
Like all of Study Notes and Theory's CISSP practice questions, these questions correlate multiple high-level security concepts and require thinking like a manager. Extracting the most value comes from understanding not only which choice is correct, but more importantly, why the other choices are wrong.
This book proposes an integral conceptual security model by integrating ISO 31000, NIST FARM Risk Framework, and PMI Organizational Project Management (OPM) Framework to provide a holistic view for CISSP aspirants. It introduces two overarching models as the guidance for the first CISSP Domain: Wentz's Risk and Governance Model.
- Wentz's Risk Model is based on the concept of neutral risk and integrates the Peacock Model, the Onion Model, and the Protection Ring Model derived from the NIST Generic Risk Model.
- Wentz's Governance Model is derived from the integral discipline of governance, risk management, and compliance.
There are six chapters in this book organized structurally and sequenced logically. If you are new to CISSP, read them in sequence; if you are eager to learn anything and have a bird view from one thousand feet high, the author highly suggests keeping an eye on Chapter 2 Security and Risk Management.
Let's look at the content at a glance. Information about CISSP and the examination, everything you want to know. Information security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities. Information security concepts, confidentially, integrity, security. Cryptography basics, Security and governance principles in an organization, Security policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, baselines, and more. Organizations and information security laws, regulations, compliance, and standards. Information security, compliance, and risk management, Risk Management methodologies, frameworks, Business continuity, Professional ethics. Personal security policies and procedures. Privacy and its role in customers, employees, and organizations. Risk management in the supply chain. Security awareness training and education. And more!
The book includes additional information on difficult topics as the beginners should have a proper foundation. CISSP is a challenging topic, and therefore, the foundation topics must be well-understood; hence the reader can learn the rest of the domains with confidence. It includes extensive information on risk management, security, and global frameworks. The objective is to provide practical guidance with more hands-on. With all the content, this will provide a good starting point at your CISSP journey.
If you want to pass the Certified Information Systems Security Professional Exam with ease, then CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Eighth Edition is definitely for you. It is written by expert professionals in information security certification. This book covers all the related domains of the CISSP Exam. You will find more information, examples, references and detail explanations than any other books available in the market. It is considered as the 'CISSP Bible' by many experts. You will also get digital access along with this book including 1400+ practice questions and flashcards.
This book features:
- Fundamentals of Security Principles and Risk Management Process.
- Data Classifications and Data Security Controls.
- System and Security Architecture Analysis.
- Network Architectures and Components.
- Integrating Identity and Access Control Mechanisms.
- Security Provisions and Incident Management Process.
- Investigations and Disaster Recovery Process.
- Software Development Life Cycle and Methodologies.
CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7th Edition is a complete package of CISSP knowledge. This CISSP book covers all the objectives of the CISSP Exam along with more information, examples, suggestions and also provides online access. It is written by the experts and you can make yourself smarter for the CISSP Exam.
This book includes:
- Security Governance and Principles and Policies.
- Personnel Security and Risk Management Concepts.
- Business Continuity Planning.
- Laws, Regulations, and Compliance.
- Protecting Security of Assets.
- Cryptography and Symmetric Key Algorithms.
- PKI and Cryptography Applications.
- Principles of Security Models, Design and Capabilities.
- Security Vulnerabilities, Threats and Countermeasures.
CISSP Study Guide, Third Edition is the perfect starter for the CISSP Candidate. All of the modules are well-explained in-detail with real-world examples and all of the objectives are represented respectively in this book. It also offers you to access online content and test yourself up. Besides, you will get the exam directions and suggestions from the experts in information security professionals.
What You Will Learn:
- A concrete idea of taking the preparation of the CISSP Exam.
- Covers all the domains of information security.
- Make yourself able to pass the test.
- Improve the progress rate.
If you are a prospective CISSP candidate or planning to renew the certification, then the CISSP For Dummies is the ideal key factor for your preparation. This CISSP book will provide you fully updated information, latest real-world examples and covers all the chapters related to CISSP Exam. Along with this book, you will get digital content access and can try yourself out. This book also offers a perfect study plan, proper guidance from experts, 'instant answers' to help you recall key information and much more.
What you will get:
- A brief idea of CISSP Exam.
- Explore online tests and find out faults.
- Motivation from the experts.
- Learn how to prepare for the test.
The CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests is a must-read book for the candidate of the CISSP Exam. It will help you to get fully prepared for the CISSP Exam. It covers all the domains and objectives of the CISSP Exam along with 1300+ practice questions. This book is the ideal preparation tool to make you savvy. It is a perfect gap finder to make you understand what you know and what you need to know. If anyone wants to pass in the CISSP Exam, then the CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests is a secret weapon for the candidate.
This book will help you to:
- Align your preparation.
- Test your knowledge.
- Fill up the knowledge gap.
- Identify your preparation progress.
Eleventh Hour CISSP: Study Guide, Third Edition provides readers with a study guide on the most current version of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam. This book is streamlined to include only core certification information, and is presented for ease of last-minute studying. Main objectives of the exam are covered concisely with key concepts highlighted.
The CISSP certification is the most prestigious, globally-recognized, vendor neutral exam for information security professionals. Over 100,000 professionals are certified worldwide, with many more joining their ranks. This new third edition is aligned to cover all of the material in the most current version of the exam’s Common Body of Knowledge. All domains are covered as completely and concisely as possible, giving users the best possible chance of acing the exam.
This book is a combo pack of the (ISC)² CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 8th Edition and the (ISC)² CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Practice Tests, a 2nd edition. This book will make you smarter and faster for the CISSP Exam. It covers all the areas included in the exam with numerous examples, content and important suggestions from the information security professional experts.
This book includes:
- A brief idea of the CISSP Exam.
- Real-world examples with a concise explanation.
- Online content access and provide an interactive learning environment.
- A surveyor which will help you to make a decision before appearing in the real exam.
CISSP Cert Guide, Third Edition is a perfect preparation guide for anyone who is a beginner or renewing their certification. It will make you understand how to take your preparation, what you know and what you need to know to pass the exam. Unlike other CISSP books available in the market, it also focuses on every part of the CISSP Exam including
- Security and Risk Management.
- Asset Security.
- Security architecture and engineering.
- Network Security Principles.
- Identity and Access Management Procedures.
- Security Operations and Testing.
You will also get:
- Huge online content access with an exam-oriented environment.
- 1400+ practice questions and examples.
CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 8th Edition will help to prepare well for the CISSP Exam. Its in-depth explanations will help you to understand every single term required for the CISSP Exam. Having access to digital content will make you confident and let you test yourself in a smart way. This book is suggested by the experts in information systems security professionals.
This book features:
- Evaluate and Apply Security Governance Principles.
- Security Policies and Risk Management.
- Business Project Scope and Planning.
- Cryptographic Life Cycle and Applications.
- Security Design Principles and Requirements.
- Security Issues and countermeasures.