Best Coding Interview Questions Books in 2022 | Read Them to Secure Your Dream Job
Coding interviews are hard for candidates. Because it is difficult to know where to start and what to study. Even when you know what to study for, how do you explain complicated technical concepts to your interviewer during the interview?
To answer the questions that you can be asked during a coding interview, you need to follow some guidelines. Here, you will get some best coding interview questions books in 2022, which will increase the chance of getting different level coding jobs.
So scroll up quickly and pick up the right books to break your coding interview!
This book gives a high-level view of what coding is all about. I really like how Jeremy infuses his own stories and journey through topics like internet scams he has fallen for, how he set up a basic website and more. So while he is an expert in the field, he acknowledges that he has made mistakes along the way, but he shares that the spirit of just trying things out has allowed him to learn so much. The book is written in a conversational style and answers questions that many might be afraid to ask like "What is the cloud and how does it work?" The "Try It" exercises are interesting and the many images make complex topics like binary and how the Internet works much easier to understand.
If you're looking to learn how to code in-depth in a specific language, this book will not do that. It's more of a primer on the major current topics in computer science: programming, the internet, data, apps, the cloud, cybersecurity, algorithms, artificial intelligence, etc. It is especially geared towards teachers and school administrators who may be wondering what to do next to bring coding to their schools.
This book served as a great refresher for all the concepts that are frequently asked during the interview process for data science roles. I thought the machine learning section was especially useful. The material was more approachable than what I’ve seen in related books; all the formulas are explained well and do not require a math degree to understand. The real-world interview questions at the end of chapters gave me a good idea of what major companies expect in interviews. The authors cover a lot of material (SQL, Statistics, Programming, etc.), and the depth for each section is perfect. All in all, I’d give this book high marks, and it will certainly get more use from me than my old college textbooks.
This coding interview questions book is for revision of the questions related to data structures and algorithms which mostly get asked in a coding interview, you need to be familiar with the fundamentals of computing and the basics of data structures and algorithms to read this book. 72 coding questions of various topics related to data structures and algorithms. If you understand the solutions to all the questions inside this book, then you are most probably ready to give any coding interview.
First of all, PEDALS is a remarkable framework. It’s like a simple 6-step recipe for any system design question. I can't stress enough how useful it was during my job interviews. Each step, along with the explanations in the book, makes sense and is easy to remember. Plus, there are some useful exercises at the end of each PEDALS step to help you apply and master the PEDALS framework.
It was also very easy to follow. Easy to understand language, along with charts, tables, and diagrams to illustrate the key points. You can grasp the concepts in this book even if you didn't know anything about system design before. Last but not least, I would like to point out two things that I liked about this book: Depth. Detail.
This book really helped me understand system design interview questions. Things I love about the book:
- It was a detailed step-by-step guide that is actionable and very easy to follow.
- Easy to understand language and I appreciate that the author uses diagrams to explain complex flow or design.
- The keep learning chapter was really helpful as it listed some real systems and company engineering blogs.
- Well structured.
The author follows the 4-step framework to solve most of the system design questions. After reading the book, I think I can answer questions in a more structured way. Overall very helpful quick guide.
For those with a keen interest in solving various practical and theoretical coding problems, or for someone needing a quick fix for an imminent interview, this book is very helpful. Its explanation for each category of questions provides a guide to solve problems of the same category. Such explanations are particularly useful as they are not normally taught in the classroom. Although titled "Daily Coding Problems", it allows me to go through the questions at my own pace, one or several a day. This book is an absolute necessity for people who are about to break into technical interviews and want to make sure they're ready. Let's be honest, technical interview questions don't do a great job of evaluating how good of a developer someone is going to be, but you have to play the game and this book is my top recommendation for this.
It is ideally suited for preparing for programming interviews conducted by top technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. The questions in the book have been carefully selected so that they represent the most frequently asked questions in interviews. The solutions are clearly explained with plenty of diagrams and comments in the code so that you can easily understand. So if you are looking for saving precious time and effort for preparing for an interview then this is the right book for you. Wishing you all the best for the interviews ahead!
It's hard for an applicant to break the interview in software companies. Being a non-professional(most of the case), It's truly a nightmare for candidates to be asked to find brilliant algorithms on the spot and then write flawless code on a whiteboard. The writer of this popular book has been through the same process as a candidate and interviewer. In this book, he shows some brilliant tricks and techniques to break the coding interview. It'll also show you valuable techniques to prepare for the soft side of the interview--how to tackle behavioral questions.
What You Will Learn:
- How top companies like Google and Facebook hire developers
- Essential topics, such as big O time, data structures, and core algorithms
- How to uncover the hints and hidden details in a question
- Breaking down a problem into manageable chunks
- Developing techniques to unstick yourself when stuck
- Learn (or re-learn) core computer science concepts
- Five proven strategies to tackle algorithm questions
- 189 programming interview questions, ranging from the basics to the trickiest algorithm problems
- How to tackle behavioral questions
- Techniques for interviewers and companies to make a good interview question and hiring process
Coding Interview Questions is a handy guide for the fresh candidates aiming to join their dream companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and other big and small software companies. It presents a set of frequently asked interview questions in various software firms and shows you how you can tackle them in an interview. With this book, you'll re-understand and re-discover new insights from what you've learned in your student life.
- Fundamental concepts of programming
- Linked Lists, Stacks, and Queues
- Trees, Priority Queue and Heaps
- Recursion and backtracking
- Graph Algorithms, Sorting and Searching
- Algorithms Design Techniques
- Divide and Conquer Algorithms
- Database Concepts
- Dynamic Programming
- Design Interview Questions
- Operating System Concepts
This is another good guide to prepare yourself for your next interviews. In the interview, all programming interviews are not created equal. There are numerous coding and non-coding questions to assess the quality of a particular software engineering candidate. It provides a framework that will help you understand the ideal time to change jobs. It'll also give guidance on which organizations to seek out or avoid. With this guide, you'll understand the preparation and interview process in a way that will help you best represent yourself when it is time to showcase your talents and skills.
What You Will Learn:
- How to prepare yourself when thinking about a job switch
- Characteristics of a great software engineer
- The types of interview questions you may encounter
- Essential software engineering skills you must have
- Understanding the perspective of your hiring manager
- Questions to ask your interviewer to help determine the organizational health of your potential employer
This book is different from other coding interview books. It not just provides answers to some coding interview questions, rather it explains the basics of languages, algorithms and data structures. And explores how to write robust solutions after breaking down problems into manageable pieces. You'll also find approaches to modeling and creative problem-solving. Completing this book, you will surprisingly improve your interview performance.
What You Will Learn:
- Overview of interview process
- The basics of programming languages
- Detailed explanation of data structure and algorithm
- How to write high-quality code
- Various approaches to solutions
- Optimizing your code
- Skills for interview
Searching and sorting are very important concepts in computer science. Every candidate must be asked questions about searching and sorting. So if you want you to understand the analysis of all major algorithms used to search and sort across data structures. And improve your skill or prepare yourself for coding interviews, then you must read this book.
What You Will Learn:
- The analysis of all major algorithms used to search and sort across data structures
- All major variations of each algorithm (e.g. Ternary, Jump, Exponential, Interpolation are variations of Binary search)
- Solution to 110 real coding interview questions
- Implementation of searching and sorting in different language libraries
- Introduction to data structures
Cracking The Java Coding Interview is a useful book for those who have no previous exposure to programming. You'll just require having general computer skills before you get started. It'll help you to pick up a programming language and be productive to crack any coding interview. Completing this guide you'll have the skills to be a capable programmer, or at least know what is involved with programming.
What You Will Learn:
- Overview of coding interview
- Programming basics
- Fundamentals of Data Structure
- Top 20 most asked programming questions
- Network programming
If you're a promising C# programmer looking to brush up your skills to get your dream job, then you should read this book. It'll teach you the most fundamental aspects of programming concepts in C#. And help you to prepare yourself for your coding interview.
What You Will Learn:
- Fundamental concepts of programming and computer science
- Improving your raw problem-solving skills
- How to manipulate data properly
- Frequently asked problem-solving algorithms
- Writing faster code
- How to write codes that take less RAM
Now in the 5th edition, Cracking the Coding Interview gives you the interview preparation you need to get the top software developer jobs. This is a deeply technical book and focuses on the software engineering skills to ace your interview. The book is over 500 pages and includes 150 programming interview questions and answers, as well as other advice.
This section offers an overview of questions that are selected and how you will be evaluated. What happens when you get a question wrong? When should you start preparing, and how? What language should you use? All these questions and more are answered.