Best CSS Books to Design and Build Web Application
Posted on 09-27-2017 by
CSS is the language that defines the presentation of a web page. It is used to add color, background images, and textures, and to arrange elements on the page. However, CSS does a lot more than just paint a pretty picture. It is also used to enhance the usability of a website. read more Here you will get the best css books review to discover the best one for you to learn.
Programming books can often look rather intimidating and uninspiring, but they do not need to be. We wanted to redesign the tech book and make it more accessible, relevant, and attractive to a whole new group of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through, and looks like it belongs in the graphic design section rather than the programming section of a bookstore.
What You Will Learn
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts
- Clean design and layout presents each topic on a new page for easy reference
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful web site.
Today, serious Web pages use HTML and XHTML to structure their content and CSS for style and presentation. You need a book that understands how to incorporate everything correctly. Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML explains the fundamentals of HTML, XHTML, topics like web color, and CSS properties. In this book, pictures and step-by-step instructions explain how to build great-looking, standards-compliant web sites
In this practical guide, CSS expert Lea Verou provides 47 undocumented techniques and tips to help intermediate-to advanced CSS developers devise elegant solutions to a wide range of everyday web design problems.
Rather than focus on design, CSS Secrets shows you how to solve problems with code. You'll learn how to apply Lea's analytical approach to practically every CSS problem you face to attain DRY, maintainable, flexible, lightweight, and standards-compliant results.
What You Will Learn
- Backgrounds and Borders
- Visual Effects
- User Experience
- Structure and Layout
- Transitions and Animations
What You Will Learn
- Examines new web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Features a website that contains supporting materials including code and several valuable programs that are useful for web development.
Need to learn HTML and CSS fast? This best-selling reference's visual format and step-by-step, task-based instructions will have you up and running with HTML in no time. In this updated edition author Bruce Hyslop uses crystal-clear instructions and friendly prose to introduce you to all of today's HTML and CSS essentials. The book has been refreshed to feature current web design best practices. You'll learn how to design, structure, and format your website. You'll learn about the new elements and form input types in HTML5.
You'll create and use images, links, styles, and forms; and you'll add video, audio, and other multimedia to your site. You'll learn how to add visual effects with CSS3. You'll understand web standards and learn from code examples that reflect today's best practices. Finally, you will test and debug your site, and publish it to the web. Throughout the book, the author covers all of HTML and offers essential coverage of HTML5 and CSS techniques.
CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.
The important stuff you need to know
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
When you're working with CSS and need a quick answer, CSS Pocket Reference delivers. This handy, concise book provides all of the essential information you need to implement CSS on the fly. Ideal for intermediate to advanced web designers and developers, the 4th edition is revised and updated for CSS3, the latest version of the Cascading Style Sheet specification. Along with a complete alphabetical reference to CSS3 selectors and properties, you'll also find a short introduction to the key concepts of CSS.
This book helps you
- Quickly find and adapt the style elements you need
- Learn how CSS3 features complement and extend your CSS practices
- Discover new value types and new CSS selectors
- Implement drop shadows, multiple backgrounds, rounded corners, and border images
- Get new information about transforms and transitions.
Are You Ready To Learn HTML & CSS Easily? bHTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Mark-Up Language. It is the main programming language used to develop websites. It acts as a framework of sorts where different elements like color, video, images, flash animation, etc. could be added later on. Back in the day, website creation and development would only go as far as one's imagination. Website developers of yesteryears had to get specialized education just to be able to learn a programming language and start developing websites, applications, etc.
This was an extremely grueling process and would often times become the deterring factor for students. However, when HTML was introduced, website creation and develop got a whole lot easier. This book will help you understand HTML's syntax and semantics, which will allow you to create a website completely from scratch. We'll teach you how to lay down the foundations—the backbone—of a website and then add aesthetic elements later on using Cascading Style Sheets or what’s commonly known as CSS.
CSS: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition, provides you with a comprehensive guide to CSS implementation, along with a thorough review of all aspects of CSS 2.1. Updated to cover Internet Explorer 7, Microsoft's vastly improved browser, this new edition includes content on positioning, lists and generated content, table layout, user interface, paged media, and more.
What You Will Learn and Includes new edition
- Updates to reflect changes in the latest draft version of CSS 2.1
- Browser notes updated to reflect changes between IE6 and IE7
- Advanced selectors supported in IE7 and other major browsers included
- A new round of technical edits by a fresh set of editors
- Clarifications and corrected errata, including updated URLs of referenced online resources
HTML and CSS can be a little daunting at first but fear not. This book, based on Shay Howe's popular workshop covers the basics and breaks down the barrier to entry, showing readers how they can start using HTML and CSS through practical techniques today. They'll find accompanying code examples online, while they explore topics such as the different structures of HTML and CSS, and common terms. After establishing a basic understanding of HTML and CSS a deeper dive is taken into the box model and how to work with floats.
The book includes an exercise focused on cleaning up a web page by improving the user interface and design, solely using HTML and CSS. With a few quick changes the web page changes shape and comes to life. Interactive, technically up-to-the-minute and easy-to-understand, this book will advance a student's skills to a professional level.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a powerful tool that transforms the presentation of a document or a collection of documents, and it’s spread to nearly every corner of the Web—as well as many non-web environments. In this free introduction to Cascade Style Sheets, you’ll learn how CSS makes it possible for you to completely change the way document elements are presented by a user agent. You’ll discover the origins of this specification and how CSS styles work with HTML.
Learn how you can choose style sheets based on the features of a given media type, including desktop screens, web-enabled phones, digital projectors, TVs, Braille devices, print documents, and even various audio renderings of a document. CSS and Documents is an excerpt from the forthcoming 4th edition of CSS: The Definitive Guide.
✓ CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION TO HTML
✓ CHAPTER 2: ELEMENTS, ATTRIBUTES, AND VALUES
✓ CHAPTER 3: STRUCTURE of HTML FILES
✓ CHAPTER 4: PARAGRAPHS
✓ CHAPTER 5: LISTS
✓ CHAPTER 6: STYLING TEXT
✓ CHAPTER 7: USING COLORS
✓ CHAPTER 8: BACKGROUND AND IMAGES
✓ CHAPTER 9: TABLES
✓ CHAPTER 10: HYPERLINKS
✓ CHAPTER 11: FORMS
✓ CHAPTER 12: HTML LAYOUT ELEMENTS
✓ CHAPTER 13: HTML MULTIMEDIA
✓ CHAPTER 14: CSS3
✓ CHAPTER 15: STYLING TEXT
✓ CHAPTER 16: FORMATTING LAYOUT
✓ CHAPTER 17: STYLING BORDERS
✓ CHAPTER 18: STYLING LISTS
✓ CHAPTER 19: OTHER CSS3 FEATURES
Written by a Web development expert, the fifth edition of this trusted resource has been thoroughly revised and reorganized to address HTML5, the revolutionary new Web standard. The book covers all the elements supported in today's Web browsers--from the standard (X)HTML tags to the archaic and proprietary tags that may be encountered.
Annotated examples of correct markup and style show you how to use all of these technologies to build impressive Web pages. Helpful appendixes cover the syntax of character entities, fonts, colors, and URLs. This comprehensive reference is an essential tool for professional Web developers.
What You Will Learn
- Master transitional HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 markup
- Write emerging standards-based markup with HTML5
- Enhance presentation with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS1 and CSS 2.1)
- Learn proprietary and emerging CSS3 features
- Learn how to read (X)HTML document type definitions (DTDs)
- Apply everything in an open standards-focused fashion.