Best Free and Cheap MEAN Stack Web Hosting Platforms in 2019 for Deploying Your Great Application Online
If you are a MEAN stack developer and looking for some free or cheap web hosting platforms, you are at the right place.
Well, in this list I reviewed some of the best free web hosting platforms for Node.js. Based on a handful number of user experiences, I enlisted all the pros and cons of these platforms so that you can choose the best option for you.
1. RedHat OpenShift
RedHat OpenShift offers Node.js hosting on absolutely free forever plan. If you own a small business which does not require many intensive data manipulation. Here you can host 3 applications at a time. It provides very well organized documentation and a very vibrant community.
- Allows to host 3 applications
- Provides 2GB memory for plenty of processing power
- Includes shared SSL certificate
- Supports automatic scaling
- Free access to the built-in private databases
- Multiple region support
- Does not allow custom domain with a free plan
- Limits active usage
Heroku is another completely free web hosting platform on our list. If you want to test your application or runs hobby projects, then this could be the best free hosting for you.
- Offers 512MB free memory
- Provides WildCard encryption
- Includes plenty of plugins and services that can be added instantly
- One command deployment
- Backups and disaster recovery
- Four hours of downtime per month
- Allows only a single process and a worker at a time
3. Microsoft Azure
Though Azure does not provide completely free hosting service, it allows the user to get $200 credit for the first 30 days. It also has free schemes for non-commercial and educational use.
- Supports Windows and Linux VMs and applications
- Automatic scaling
- Allows hosting for up to10 applications
- Supports cloud-based SQL servers
- Deployments can be slow
- Does not support Mac environment
4. A2 Hosting
If you are looking for a service that may not be free but affordable for your low budget, then A2 hosting should be your choice. It has a scheme for $3.92/month that provides unlimited storage. It also has other schemes that also affordable for a small budget project.
- Affordable paid plans for Node.js
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
- Supports 5 Node.js apps at once
- Dedicated customer support
- Turbo plan does not add a good Node.js experience
5. Xervo(Former Modulus)
Xervo offers a secure and cost-effective hosting environment for Node.js. It gives $15 credit for the first month with unlimited storage. It is highly flexible and provides full support for autoscaling and load balancing.
- Powerful tracking capability
- Multi-region support
- Offers free custom domain SSL
- Mobile management
- Great support options with quick response time
- Deployment process slows down as the size of the application increases
- No tiers
Was the article helpful?
Please feel free to let us know if there any other good alternatives.
If you want to understand the hosting and development of MEAN stack apps more clearly, you may check these resources.
You should also check these books to have a complete understanding of node.js hosting and deployment.