Best Geography Books to get Kids interested in Geography
GeographyÂ is the study of places, lands, maps and the relationships between people and their environments.Â Geography provokes and answers questions about the natural and human worlds, using different scales of enquiry to view them from different perspectives. It develops knowledge of places and environments throughout the world, an understanding of maps, and a range of investigative and problem-solving skills both inside and outside the classroom.Â
We all should know about geography even if our kids. It helps us realize how nations rely on each other. It can inspire us to think about our own place in the world, our own values, rights, and responsibilities to other people and the environment.Â There is a great resource out there to learn geography. Here you will get some of the best books of geography to get kids interested in geography.
No Wi-Fi? No problem. Whether you’re driving through states or flying over them on your family vacation, this cool atlas will keep kids engaged with the geography and history all around them. There is a brief description of the geography of each state, and images of the state bird, flower, and animal are near the state's name. It has almost everything you could have known about a place. This can be your perfect travel guide.
This book features:
- A comprehensive index which makes it easy for kids to look up names and places.
- Simple road maps of the whole United States.
- State symbols, cool things to do, boredom busters, fun facts, roadside attractions, and games.
- Colorful pages with stunning photographs.
- Easy to read and appealing.
Take a journey around the globe with this delightful introduction to the people, places, and weather in our world. Brilliant photographs illustrate every fun-filled page, introducing young readers to countries, sights and more from the Americas to Australia, Europe to Antarctica.
This book offers:
- More than 200 incredible photos.
- Age-appropriate and lively text that introduces kids to the world.
- Questions in each chapter that encourage interactive learning.
- Simple text for reading aloud or beginning readers, and fun facts on every page.
- Parent tips that extend the experience beyond the book.
National Geographic Kids Beginner's United States Atlas is a complete guideline for the beginning explorers. National Geographic wants to make sure youngsters have what they need to understand it. That's why they bring this colorful and fact-filled United States Atlas. Each of the easy to read maps has been custom designed for the kids, and full-color photographs supplement the lively text and make people, places, and natural wonders come to life.
This book delivers:
- 50 bold state maps colored to correspond with the political map of the United States.
- The regional map that highlights each state's location.
- United States territories spread.
- More than 200 vibrant images.
- United States facts at a glace.
- Two-letter postal codes for each state.
- Glossary and a beautiful index.
From Africa's deserts to South America's rainforests, The Everything Kids Geography book takes you on a journey you will never forget. Go over the Himalayas, around the Cape of Good Horn, and up the Mississippi to find out what makes the different regions of the world unique. This book has some interesting facts in it that are not found in other geography books for children. It also has good summaries of each region on the globe. Easy to read and nice illustrations throughout the book.
With this book, you will:
- Learn briefly about Amazon.
- Be able to find out the world's longest river on the map.
- Know the difference between taiga and tundra.
- Discover why the Antartic ice shelves are in the news.
- Explore what makes the Great Barrier Reef so unique.
- Exciting puzzles and fun activities.
This is a great book for the kids to learn geography. Lots of colorful pages with descriptions of the countries and the maps. This Atlas takes you a journey around the globe. In its colorful maps, amazing pictures and tons of fun information, you will discover cool things about each of the world's countries. If you plan to visit, any of these places, you should always check for alerts published by your government concerning travel to specific countries or locations.
This book includes:
- Information about all continents.
- A regional overview of the continents.
- How to use Maps.
- Lots of games, and vibrant pictures.
National Geographic Kids World Atlas is a solid book for the preschoolers. It will provide them the knowledge about the earth, its climate and also its all continents. They will start to learn about geography, maps, peoples, global topics with great alacrity. Nice pages with beautiful pictures create the eagerness among the kids. It's the perfect reference for kids to learn about lands and can be ideal for classroom use, homework help, etc.
This book provides:
- Great Information Resource about lands, peoples, maps, stats, and facts.
- Fresh, Kid-friendly design with beautiful pictures and pages.
- A thematic map on endangered species, a map about the region of Central Africa.
- An expanded Antarctica section that introduces kids to the important research that is happening there.
This is a great book about the world and its continents. Kid's will definitely love this. Beautiful pages, colorful maps, clear images will spark the kid's mind about the earth we live in. This book will arise curiosity among the preschoolers about the world. They'll learn elementary mapping skills and concepts such as the difference between a globe and a map. All maps are created by the experts at National Geographic. This book is reviewed by the early childhood consultants who gave the approbation which makes the Atlas of the World more reliable and accessible to our junior explorers.