Best Geometry Books for Self Study to Defeat Your Math-Phobia
Geometry, the branch of mathematics concerned with the shape of individual objects, spatial relationships among various objects, and the properties of surrounding space. It is one of the oldest branches of mathematics, having arisen in response to such practical problems as those found in surveying, and its name is derived from Greek words meaning "Earth measurement". To find out the basic road map towards pure geometry for self study it's important to select the best geometric books perfectly. The main purpose of teaching Geometry, especially at school, is to introduce the students to the concepts of proofs and axioms. For most students, understanding the development of a full logical system of results and theorems from just a set of axioms might be much more fruitful than the proofs and theorems themselves. Also the history of geometry is important if one wishes to understand geometry today by self studying. Here you will get some best geometry books for self study if you wish to enhance your analytical and logical ability for being an aspiring mathematician.
Tutor in a Book's Geometry is one of the best tutoring books that walks through each problems step by step and provides with many opportunities to practice each skill. It is well-organized by topic, and beyond thorough in its discussion of each item. the margins are filled with hand-written notes and diagrams showing key ideas, shortcuts, common mistakes to avoid, and explanations. The examples are helpful, clear, concise. It provided a clear explanation of the many theorems and definitions that go along with geometry. This book is a must have for those who either need to learn Geometry or refresh their geometrical skills in a quick way.
This Geometry Tutoring Book Includes:
- More than 500 well-illustrated, carefully worked out and explained proofs and problems
- Ongoing and specific guidance as to the most effective solution
- Test taking strategies
- Recurring patterns, which provide solutions to proofs, are pointed out, explained and illustrated using the visual aids that students find so helpful
- Dozens of graphic organizers, which help students understand, remember and recognize the connections between concepts.
All the Math You'll Ever Need: A Self-Teaching Guide is an excellent source if you are returning to math after being out of school. It takes you back to basics to bring fast results solving problems and prepares you within a reasonable amount of time. You won't need to memorize a bunch of formulas or use a calculator. Each chapter explains in detail to help you understand. There are numerous self and review tests at the end of the book, simple and straight to the point to help you understand everyday math. If you lost your touch with math, this book will revive you with numbers to help you master them with no fear. This book can teach anybody how to do math. There are examples, explanations and hands on for each area of math. Great book for anybody who wants to refresh their minds with math and understand better how the way this world works.
This Step-by-Step Personal Geometry Guide:
- Refreshes practical math skills for your personal and professional needs, with examples based on everyday situations.
- Offers straight-forward techniques for working with decimals and fractions.
- Demonstrates simple ways to figure discounts, calculate mortgage interest rates, and work out time, rate, and distance problems.
- Contains no complex formulas and no unnecessary technical terms.
Practical Algebra is one of the best geometry books for self study that has many simple techniques for solving mathematical problems. It is an easy and fun-to-use workout program that quickly puts you in command of all the basic concepts and tools of algebra.This book explains everything in detail and makes it easier to understand. It is extremely thorough with clear explanations in bite-sized pieces with lots of practice problems at the end of each section followed by self-tests at the end of each chapter. Each chapter consists of sections with short explanations and questions followed by a self-test at the end of the chapter. No calculator is required for the work. If you are trying to brush up on your Algebra, this is a great book to have.
With the aid of practical, real-life examples and applications, you'll learn:
- The basic approach and application of algebra to problem solving
- The number system
- Monomial and polynomials; factoring algebraic expressions; how to handle algebraic fractions; exponents, roots, and radicals; linear and fractional equations
- Functions and graphs; quadratic equations; inequalities; ratio,proportion, and variation; how to solve word problems, and many more
Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers provides ample practice for developing fluency in very fundamental
algebra skills, in particular, how to solve standard equations for one
or more unknowns. This book has a good explanation of how to work basic algebra problems and then gives several pages of example problems for students to work. This workbook is conveniently divided up into seven chapters so that students can focus on one algebraic method at a time. Excellent practice quantities and the answer key makes it a perfect book to get back Algebra fitness. There is some instruction before each concept and also has plenty of space to do your work in it. Absolutely a fantastic book for any one struggling with Algebra!
This Workbook Provides:
- An introduction describes how parents and teachers can help students
- Skills include solving linear equations with a single unknown (with a separate chapter dedicated toward fractional coefficients), factoring quadratic equations, using the quadratic formula, cross multiplying, and solving systems of linear equations
- Instructions for how to solve the equations followed by a few examples
- Answers to exercises that helps
students develop confidence and ensures that students practice correct
Spectrum Geometry Workbook is a great workbook for teaching foundational Geometric principles. This is a decent geometry workbook for middle school students or early
high school students who are having a hard time grasping geometry. It
has the answers in the back of the book. The practice questions are well written and increase with complexity forcing the student to apply what they have learned.
This standards-based workbook focuses on middle school geometry concepts
like points, lines, rays, angles, triangles, polygons, circles,
perimeter, area, and more. It uses sequenced instruction, practice, and reinforcement to build solid geometry skills for grades 6 to 8. Filled with easy instructions and rigorous practice, Spectrum Geometry helps children soar in a standards-based classroom!
Essential Trigonometry is a self-teaching guide that provides a clear and readable study of trigonometry's most important ideas. It goes straight for the concepts making it brief, but offering a deep understanding. Worth-read for trigonometry lovers!
This Self-Teaching Guide:
- Teaches general principles that can be applied to a wide variety of problems.
- Avoids the mindless and excessive routine computations that characterize conventional textbooks.
- Treats trigonometry as a logically coherent discipline, not as a disjointed collection of techniques.
- Restores proofs to their proper place to remove doubt, convey insight, and encourage precise logical thinking.
- Omits digressions, excessive formalities, and repetitive exercises.
- Covers all the trigonometry needed to take a calculus course along with problems (with all solutions) that extend your knowledge rather than merely reinforce it.
- The basic concepts and facts of analytic geometry, and the theory of space curves
- Concepts of surfaces and the foundation of absolute differential calculus
- Theory of second fundamental form, Gaussian and mean curvature for a surface
- Good coverage of various types of mappings of a sphere into a plane such as conformal and equiareal
- Concepts of absolute differentiation and parallel transport
- Problems with solutions that will help students familiarize themselves with the manner of reasoning in differential geometry
Concise Geometry is an excellent book for quick learners and also a great companion tool for current geometry students. You don’t need to learn an endless list of theorems, postulates and definitions. You only need to learn how to solve problems and this book is your pathfinder.
This book teaches how to solve problems quickly and efficiently. Each chapter starts with simple elementary example problems, then slowly increase complexity as the chapter progresses. There is a natural flow - by the end of each chapter you will naturally progress to solving difficult and complex problems.
So grab this book as soon as possible and take your education into your own hands!
- Expression of geometric properties with equations
- Geometric measurement and dimension
- Useful definitions and theorems of geometry
- Problems with answer keys that will help students familiarize themselves with the manner of reasoning in geometry
Geometry Workbook for High School is an awesome self-study geometry book that is a great source for students that are learning geometry. The answers in the back of the book also give a detailed explanation as to how to solve the problem. Great study guide strongly recommend it for anyone who is struggling with geometry!
What You'll Learn from This Geometry Workbook?
- Points, Lines, and Planes: To learn about parallel and intersecting lines, properties of angles, and how to use a protractor.
- Polygons: To classify triangles, know the Pythagorean theorem, and calculate area and perimeter.
- Solid Figures: To figure out the surface area and volume.
- The Coordinate Plane Geometry: To get tested on the equations of lines.
- Practice Geometry Problems: Every practice problem comes with an in-depth geometry answers and explanations.