Best Godot Game Engine Books to Learn about Game Development
If you want a very easy to follow guide on how to use Godot this book is for you. Each chapter goes through new key features of Godot and explains them thoroughly. If you want to make a 2D game in Godot it is a great resource to get you started. The five examples give you just enough information to dip your toes in and get comfortable.
This book features:
- Introduction about Game Engine and Godot.
- Overview of the Godot UI.
- Project Setup.
- Vectors and 2D Coordinate Systems.
- Player Scene.
- Coin Scene.
- Main Scene.
- User Interface.
- Finishing Up.
- Escape the Maze.
- Space Rocks.
- Jungle Jump (Platformer).
- 3D MiniGolf.
- Additional Topics.
Solid introduction to Godot. Lightly touches on most topics, enough to get you up to speed an moving with it. It introduces the engine and its main components and the general theory behind them, getting you up and running quickly. While the engine seems to be gathering a following, there is not a lot of material out there for it. This book covers the topics well enough to get functionally proficient without getting so far into the weeds that you would not finish it.
This book includes:
- Installing Godot and creating projects.
- Organizing Games with Scene Trees.
- Creating 2D, 3D Graphics and Animations.
- Controlling Game Flow, Configurations and Resources.
- Controlling Effects and Post Processing.
If you have limited time to learn about game development process then this book is for you. It provides every essential topics, events and major key concepts. Assisting Q & A Flashcards is the noticeable part from this book. Every modern browser supports Q & A Flashcards.
This book offers:
- Very effective study tools.
- Essential terms and Key concepts.
- Q & A Flashcards.
- Easy to follow.
- Informative guideline.