Best Godot Engine Game Books | Learn about Game Development
If you are a complete beginner, start reading from the beginning. You will learn the basics of GDScript through the features and methods of the 2D node class. After that, go through the "GDScript in the programming" chapter. Later, you can learn about StaticBody2D, RigidBody2D, and KinematicBody2D. Game examples after @GDScript class and after 2D Body's chapter will be of additional help to you. In addition to the above for beginners, I advise you to watch free video tutorials on my Udemy account (Slavs Make Games M.D.C.).
The book is a complete manual for making video games and comes with a lot of additional educational material. A game developer reading this book will find properties and methods for a particular class. In addition, each property and method is illustrated by a code example. At the end of the class description, is also a code example. Examples like this are often parts of computer games.
This book is the only one that will get you to learn Godot fast without wasting so much time. This book is the first book in the series "Godot from Zero to Proficiency" where you will learn to code fast and be able to create your own video games with Godot in no time. What you will learn After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Know and master the features that you need to create 3D environments for your games.
- Quickly create (and navigate through) realistic 3D indoors and outdoors environments.
- Create a 3D Maze with lights, walls, and textures.
- Create an island with sandy beaches, mountains, and water.
- Include and control a car.
- Export your games for Mac or PC.
Godot is a great software to create video games; however, it includes so many options and features that getting started can feel overwhelming. Without my book, most people spend too long trying to learn how to use Godot and GDScript the hard way. This book is the only one that will get you to learn GDScript fast without wasting so much time. This book is the second book in the series "Godot from Zero to Proficiency" where you will learn to code fast and be able to create your own video games with Godot in no time. What you will learn After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Code in GDScript.
- Understand and apply GDScript concepts.
- Create a 3D adventure game with the main character, a timer, and a mini-map.
- Display and update a user interface with text and images.
- Create and use variables and methods for your game.
- Load new scenes from the code, based on events in your games.
If you want a very easy to follow guide on how to use Godot this book is for you. Each chapter goes through new key features of Godot and explains them thoroughly. If you want to make a 2D game in Godot it is a great resource to get you started. The five examples give you just enough information to dip your toes in and get comfortable.
This book features:
- Introduction about Game Engine and Godot.
- Overview of the Godot UI.
- Project Setup.
- Vectors and 2D Coordinate Systems.
- Player Scene.
- Coin Scene.
- Main Scene.
- User Interface.
- Finishing Up.
- Escape the Maze.
- Space Rocks.
- Jungle Jump (Platformer).
- 3D MiniGolf.
- Additional Topics.
A solid introduction to Godot. Lightly touches on most topics, enough to get you up to speed an moving with it. It introduces the engine and its main components and the general theory behind them, getting you up and running quickly.
While the engine seems to be gathering a following, there is not a lot of material out there for it. This Godor game engine book covers the topics well enough to get functionally proficient without getting so far into the weeds that you would not finish it.
This book includes:
- Installing Godot and creating projects.
- Organizing Games with Scene Trees.
- Creating 2D, 3D Graphics and Animations.
- Controlling Game Flow, Configurations and Resources.
- Controlling Effects and Post Processing.
If you have limited time to learn about the game development process then this Access Card for Online Flash Cards book is for you. It provides every essential topic, event, and major key concepts. Assisting Q & A Flashcards is a noticeable part of this book. Every modern browser supports Q & A Flashcards.
This book offers:
- Very effective study tools.
- Essential terms and Key concepts.
- Q & A Flashcards.
- Easy to follow.
- Informative guideline.
What you will learn After completing this book, you will be able to:
- Learn advanced GDScript concepts
- Create scenes fast using procedural generation
- Update and access a database from your game.
- Create a networked multiplayer.
- Create a 2D platform game with common game mechanics.
- Create a clone of the famous Simon game.
The reader will find a lot of GD Script codes and concepts inside. In the beginning, you will start with concepts from the previous book. For example, button creation. Later on, you will learn more complex parts of code. Book will cover the advanced use of Godot GD Script. Godot is a leading game engine, and the latest stable version in 2019 is 3.1.GD Script is a game engine script for game development. Godot game engine has GD Script as his main script for making games and applications with the engine. A developer can make 2D or 3D games. You can also make applications based on the control scene. Godot 3.1 is free to download from the website