Best Harmonica Books That Help You Learn how Harmonica Play
The harmonica is a very accessible instrument, but only those with the right instruction and direction will be able to experience the joy of using it for accompaniment and solos. Here you will get some of the best harmonica books that will show you a complete roadmap to be a professional harpist.
This is a comprehensive method for the chromatic harmonica that treats it as a musical inst--- For beginning to advanced players, in any style of music ---play-along audio files at shermusic.com---Contains hundreds of exercises to develop technical proficiency in every key, as well as rhythmic awareness and melodic fluency. ---Exercises written in musical notation, not tablature--- Many tunes to practice, arpeggio studies, scale studies, sight-reading studies, sound production tips, and special harmonica techniques.
The harmonica is one of the most popular and versatile instruments in the world. There are several reasons harmonicas are awesome you can play them anywhere, they're inexpensive, and you can show off in dozens of musical styles. The friendly and pleasingly tuneful Harmonica For Dummies is the fastest and best way to learn for yourself!
You'll find an easy-to-follow format that takes you from the basics to specialized techniques, with accompanying audio and video content included to make learning even more simple and fun. Before you know it, you'll be playing jazz in your living room and the blues on your way to work or school―and that's just the prelude to mastering classical riffs. That's right, the humble harmonica has graced some of the grandest concert halls on planet Earth!
- Choose the right harmonica
- Enhance your sound with tongue technique
- Develop your own style
- Perfect your live performance
3. Harmonica for Beginners: Simple & Effective Techniques of Playing High-Quality Songs and Music Using a Harmonica
Learn how to play the harmonica easily with this fantastic, affordable guide. Many people love listening to the harmonica and at least 50% of those are interested in learning to play it so that they can perform in front of an audience, friends, or family. This book is offering to teach you how to do just that. Simple instructions are provided to help you every step of the way. If you want to learn how to provide this unmistakable sound present in many styles of American music, you are in the right place. This book contains all the tips, instructions, and tools you’ll need to make amazing music.
You will learn new techniques, styles, songs, and even a bit of history. You’ll discover…How to purchase your first harmonicaProper holding and breathing techniquesTongue techniques to create an interesting sound show to bend notes how to play popular folk tunes and lots more! Click the Buy Now button and learn how to play the most affordable instrument in the world.
4. Slow Blues Harmonica: Lessons, Licks & Backing Tracks by Steve Cohen - Book with Online Audio: Lessons, Licks & Backing Tracks
This book is perfect for intermediate to advanced players who want to employ a more versatile approach to slow blues playing. Four different keys and crosses, plus liberal use of all three registers of the instrument, will prove just how versatile a 10-hole C diatonic harp can be. Each of the 16 solos, written and recorded by renowned blues-harpist Steve Cohen, is chock full of great licks and techniques for you to learn and incorporate into your playing: scale licks, octave licks, overblow licks, incremental bend licks, high-note blow bend licks, warble licks.
The variety of slow blues changes and feels include 12-bar and 8-bar progressions, stop-time, country blues, jazzy blues, minor blues, major blues, shuffles, straight time and more. This book contains detailed harmonica transcriptions written in standard notation and harmonica tab; a summary list of the key, position, and song format; and a brief lesson about the chord progression and highlighted playing techniques. Each solo has two audio tracks: a demo with Steve Cohen and a full professional band, and a play-along backing track.
The Harmonica Primer Book for Beginners with Video Access by Tom Wolf is designed for the beginning harmonica player. This course starts by teaching proper hand positions, mouth positions, blowing, and drawing. You’ll quickly learn more advanced concepts like scales, chords, double stops, vibrato, trills, cross harp, and bends. After covering techniques, you will learn how to play over 30 songs like Amazing Grace, Oh When the Saint and Will the Circle Be Unbroken. All songs are demonstrated at two different speeds (slow for practising and performance tempo). This course also includes online access to video lessons and audio tracks for each exercise and song.
If you're headed to that desert island with your harmonica this is the only songbook you'll need to take along! It includes 114 songs from a variety of genres, presented in a variety of formats. Presented in riffs: Another One Bites the Dust * Beat It * The Distance * Iron Man * Smoke on the Water * Superstition * and more. Presented in melody lines: Crying * Everybody Wants to Rule the World * Fever * Folsom Prison Blues * Free Fallin' * Green Onions * Hallelujah * I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow * I Shot the Sheriff * La Cucaracha * Lean on Me * Me and Bobby McGee * Ode to Joy * Proud Mary * Smells like Teen Spirit * Tequila * Wonderwall * and more. Presented in harp lines with solos: Born Under a Bad Sign * I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man * Karma Chameleon * Low Rider * Mary Jane's Last Dance * Sunshine of Your Love * and more. Major pentatonic scales in 1st, 2nd & 12th positions, as well as minor pentatonic scales in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th positions, are also presented.
7. Rock n' Blues Harmonica: A World of Harp Knowledge, Songs, Stories, Lessons, Riffs, Techniques and Audio Index for a New Generation of Harp Players
A definitive guide to mastering the harmonica. It teaches you theory and techniques that will help you to become a great harpist. A fun book that takes you on a kind of metaphor Through his pages, learning to play the harmonica easy, fun, practical and understandable.
This book offers:
- Proper music material.
- A CD with great resources.
- Concise roadmap.
- Easy to follow and understand.
Instant Harmonica is a totally new way of teaching yourself to play the harmonica in as short a time as possible. For anyone who is considering learning to play the harmonica, this guide along with some formal instruction is an excellent combination.
This book includes:
- How to hold and harmonica, breathing.
- How to read harmonica music.
- The importance of tones and rhythm.
- Some beautiful songs for practice.
This harmonica book is the ultimate guide to harmonica playing. It has info that long-time players, as well as beginners, will be happy to find. The author is a true expert, which is rare in the world of harmonica. This 2nd edition adds a CD and more info, which makes it even better than the original edition.
This book features:
- High-quality and comprehensive instructional manual.
- Detailed instructions and tips to help you learn to play quickly.
- Clear, easy-to-understand format complete with accompanying audio/video content.
- It helps you improve your playing and embrace the many musical styles that have made the harmonica an iconic instrument.
This harmonica book is a great book to start out with. It really has a lot of songs and it is very cheap. A great selection of songs to relax by the campfire with, hone your skill with the harmonica, and keep the bears away. This book is very and concise, easy to read and understand.
This book delivers:
- Good selection of 62 American songs.
- A great variety of new and old songs.
- Standard music notation, harp tablature, and guitar chords.
- A great supplement to learning songs.
George Goodman's Harmonica Cheat Sheet is designed for advanced players. There are music terminology and music theory. Plus there is harmonica terminology and harmonica theory.
This book includes:
- The Blues Harp Chart which provides chords, cross harp key, 12 Bar Blues Progression, and Blues Scale harmonica tabs covering all 12 keys.
- Major Key Degrees of Scale which unveils blow and draw holes for all diatonic chord tones.
- Circle of Fourths and Fifths which makes sense of playing in positions and teaches how to choose the correct key harmonica depending on the key and style of a song.
- Very handy and instructive in a nice small package.
- Easy to follow and helpful to match songs and keys.
12. Hal Leonard 703707 Play Harmonica Today Complete Kit with Book/CD/DVD/Hohner Bluesband Harmonica
Great tool for beginners. This beginning kit contains everything you need. A high-quality Hohner Bluesband harmonica is included along with the Play Harmonica Today method book/CD pack.
The professional-quality CD features 57 full-demo tracks to help you listen and learn. The Play Harmonica Today DVD features Lil' Rev a renowned folk musician who is also the author of the method book.
This book offers:
- Proven Self-Teaching System for the harmonica .
- DVD and CD included.
- Quality Hohner Bluesband Harmonica.
- Easy to follow.
The Beatles Greatest Hits for Harmonica is a nice book with an organized tune collection especially for The Beatles fan. Great book at an affordable price.
This book contains:
- 22 classic tunes.
- Harmonica tablature.
- Standard music notation.
- Simple and easy to learn.
14. How to Play the Harmonica (Diatonic or Chromatic): Combines Step-by-Step Instruction with Practice Songs and Reference Information on Blues & Rock ... (Handy Guide) (Alfred Handy Guides (Alfred))
This book includes:
- Basics for chromatic and diatonic harmonicas.
- Step by step instructions.
- Practice songs and references.
- Information about how to hold harmonica and how to read music.
Harmonica Songbook is useful for the beginner to intermediate player. A collection of American Folk Songs arranged for easy Blues Harp (10-channel diatonic harp, system Richter) in C.
You’ll find the “classics”, but you’ll also encounter songs not as common and maybe even some you might never have heard before.
This book features:
- Advanced playing techniques.
- 50 practice songs.
- Additional harmonica tablature.
- Songs are transposed and arranged for easy playing.