Best Laravel 5.8 Books to Build Practical Applications
To help you get started, here are some of the best Laravel 5.8 books
This is the ideal book for PHP developers who want to learn Laravel for the first time. Novice Laravel developers and experienced Laravel developers also find this book very useful. This Laravel 5.8 book provides you an excellent introduction to Laravel which covers a lot of materials that experienced developers benefit from it.
What you will learn
- The history of PHP frameworks and Laravel's history and vision
- Routing and controllers
- Databases and eloquent
- Setting up a Laravel Development Environment
- The basics of Blade and how it's different from the alternatives
- Frontend Components
- Collecting and Handling User Data
- How to create your own custom Artisan commands
- Symfony's classes and what Laravel adds
- How to test framework components
- The Laravel Ecosystem
- Laravel provides simple, consistent APIs to storage media like cache, session, cloud storage, and more
- The role of the Illuminate request object in the application lifecycle.
Beginning Laravel: Build Websites with Laravel 5.8 is for those who are new to Laravel and PHP web development or those who have some background in PHP/Laravel.
What you'll learn
- Introduction to Valet, Homestead, Virtual Box, Vagrant, and Forge in Laravel
- How to create Laravel apps
- Manage routes and controllers
- How the Blade template works
- the relationship between models, databases, and Eloquent
- how to handle databases with Tinker
- sending emails, alerting users via notifications, and implementing SOLID design principles
- Protect your app with authentication and authorization.