5 Best MCAT Prep Books 2019 for MCAT Prep Courses Study
If you are a pre-med student and looking forward to collecting your study materials for MCAT, this post is absolutely for you! Yes, as stated in the title of the post, after tiresome research for more than 8 hours, we are going to share you a brief on top 5 MCAT prep books that you can check out along with your MCAT Prep Courses. So, let get started without any further due!
The very first one you can try is- the ‘Kaplan MCAT Complete 7-Book Review’. As in the stats, it is one of the best-selling MCAT prep books out there in the market. And, we got to know the reason why this particular book is the most sold one.
It comes with a complete package containing 7 books concerning every area of the MCAT test along with a good number of practice questions. And, on the top of everything, the books in this series include study plans, finely designed layouts and diagrams of complex scientific topics together with graphics and 3D illustrations.
Gold Standard resources are awesome and the practice tests are really good for strengthening your knowledge of the material. It is also useful for helping you figure out timing. MCAT practice exams are slightly harder than the real exam which will make you more confident on the exam day as you already face the harder one. Gold Standard MCAT Prep Platinum Package Plus is the ultimate MCAT prep package. You don't need any other books, notes, materials or videos to get into the medical school of your choice.
What you'll get here
- Ultimate MCAT prep
- Unrivaled 20 full-length MCAT practice tests
- Over 10,000 practice questions
- 7+ books from Kaplan
- AAMC official MCAT prep materials
Following are also included
- AAMC flashcards PLUS the GS iPhone or Android app
- MP3 audio files with brief science summary (4 hours)
- Examkrackers MCAT reasoning skills: verbal, research & math 10th edition
- To 3 Kaplan practice tests.
The most important is, this guide includes chapter review questions with helpful explanations. You also get the opportunity to access the e-Books covering MCAT psychology, sociology, physics, general and organic chemistry. It includes a 30-hour science review video library, as well as the full Gold Standard MCAT CARS Program: 5 additional MCAT CARS tests, strategies, and tips on how to handle this section. The Kaplan MCAT Complete 7-Book subject review comes with 3 full-length practice tests.
Tips for you
- One important question which arises on your mind when you make a plan to take the exam is: How to study for the MCAT? The answer varies because the way of preparation is entirely up to. The best way to study for the MCAT is to find a method that works for you, make a plan, and stick with it. The practice test is important in this manner. Set a target score, and work for it.
7 Full-length MCAT Practice Tests is a great tool for practice. This is the best unofficial practice material including seven complete practice exams which contain a total of 1,610 high-quality MCAT practice questions.
You can access the seven full-length MCAT practice tests
- 5 complete exams in the book and
- 2 complete, different exams online.:
7 Full-length MCAT Practice Tests includes
- Practice, review, and learn from 1 book that provides access to over 1600 MCAT practice questions with detailed explanations
- Detailed explanations
- With 1-year online access to solutions with multimedia background, conversions to scaled scores and interactive discussion boards on all MCAT practice question
- Helpful explanations with proven strategies
- Many solutions with multimedia background information.
Key Sections of this book are
- Chemical and physical foundations of biological systems
- Critical analysis and reasoning skills (CARS)
- Biological and biochemical foundations of living systems
- Psychological, social, and biological foundations of behavior
- A full-color, 32-page tear-out reference guide with the most important formulas, diagrams, and concepts for biochemistry, physics, general and organic chemistry.
The seven mock exams are balanced according to the official AAMC structure: Timing, the number of questions per section, the number of passages per section, the number of discrete questions per section.
Personally, I’d say this is the best book for MCAT when it comes to developing your understanding of the MCAT exam format and question pattern. And, this is the only “OFFICIAL” guide offered by the creators of the MCAT exam.
So, it can definitely be a good start to get set with your MCAT prep journey while you need to make sure you have best MCAT prep courses in your collection.
Exam Crackers MCAT Complete Study Package is another best-selling MCAT study materials available in the market. This particular series will help you to understand the key information on the subjects you need to study for the MCAT exam. These books are written in simple, precise, and easy to understand language.
Besides, they focused on the contents that are most important for your exam while avoiding the unnecessary information at the same time. Considering all these, Exam Crackers can be your best choice for a decent preparation within a short span of time.
If you prefer to know everything in a more detailed manner and dedicated enough to spend more time in study, Sterling Test Prep MCAT Practice Tests is your best friend then. Yes, these books offer more detail info on each topic and provide with meaningful explanations of the contents at the same time.
And, most importantly, they have explained the contents in such a way that you will hardly find issues with understanding the meaning clearly.
If you are to complete the preparation within a limited timeframe, you better settle with Princeton Review MCAT Subject Review Complete Set. They are simply a complete package that includes everything that you need to pass the exam.
With that being said, they have included real MCAT sample questions at the end of each chapter so that you can have a taste of a mini exam when you complete a chapter.