Best MCAT Test Books to Build a Successful Medical Career
MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) is a computer-based test that measures a student's content knowledge in General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, General Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Psychology, and Sociology. Besides it also tests your critical analysis and reasoning skills. It will evaluate your knowledge of natural, behavioural and social science concepts and principles, as well as problem-solving and critical thinking skills that are required in medical school. Here you will get some books of the Best MCAT Test Books in 2022 that might be helpful for you to assess your foundations to build a successful medical career.
This MCAT prep book is a complete package of seven complete practice exams containing a total of 1,610 high-quality MCAT practice questions. With the help of this test guide practice, review, learn and repeat the process with a different practice test to get a higher MCAT score. Among the 7 mock exams, subjects are balanced based on the current MCAT structure which includes: Psychology, Sociology, Biochemistry, Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS). These mock exams are also balanced according to the official AAMC format: timing, the number of questions per section, the number of passages per section, the number of ‘discrete’ questions per section, where the ‘discrete’ questions should be in each subsection, etc.
Here are the key sections structured in this new book:
- Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems.
- Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS).
- Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems.
- Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior.
- A full-color, 32-page tear-out reference guide with the most important formulas, diagrams, and concepts for Biochemistry, Physics, General and Organic Chemistry.
This cook comes with 7 simulated Gold Standard (GS) MCAT practice test + online access which includes:
- Answers and conversions to scaled scores
- Helpful explanations with proven strategies
- Interactive discussion boards for every question
- Many solutions with multimedia background information
Get ready for a deep dive into the knowledge and reasoning necessary to obtain a great MCAT score with over 1600 MCAT practice questions with detailed explanations!
All the material in this book is prepared by science instructors with years of experience in applied chemistry and in academic settings. This book will help you to prepare you for the 2021 MCAT exam, and you will significantly increase your score.
- MCAT test strategies
- The chemical and physical foundation of a biological system
- Electronic structure and the atomic nucleus
- Periodic table of chemistry elements
- Common chemistry equations
Kaplan's MCAT Practice Tests is a comprehensive, realistic, and extensive book designed for students and individuals who plan to take the MCAT. Practicing with these test-like materials is a critical part of getting a score that will do that, and it’s imperative for students to have the most up to date materials and practice tests for their preparation.
This Book Covers:
- 4 full-length practice tests: 2 in the book, 2 online computer-based exams
- Detailed answer explanations for every question in all practice tests
- Five full chapters of strategies, covering each major section of the test
- Online reporting on your strengths and weaknesses by topic
Kaplan’s MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2020-2021 is an excellent resource tool for MCAT preparation. It includes updates across all 7 books to reflect the latest, most accurate, and most testable materials on the MCAT. New layouts make our books even more streamlined and intuitive for easier review. You will get efficient strategies, detailed subject review, and three full-length online practice tests—all authored by the experts behind the MCAT prep course that has helped more people get into medical school than all other major courses combined.
Efficient Strategies and In-Depth Review:
- New to this edition: Guided Examples with Expert Thinking in our Behavioral Sciences, Biochemistry, and Biology books present scientific articles and walk you through challenging open-ended questions.
- New to this edition: Entirely revamped CARS content with updated methods for the latest exam challenges
- High Yield badges indicate the most testable content based on AAMC materials
- Concept summaries that boil down the need-to-know information in each chapter, including any necessary equations to memorize
- Full-color, 24-page MCAT Quicksheets emphasize the most important information in visual form
- Chapter Profiles indicate the degree to which each chapter is tested and the test-maker content categories to which it aligns
- Charts, graphs, diagrams, and full-color, 3-D illustrations from Scientific American help turn even the most complex science into easy-to-visualize concepts.
- One-year online access to 3 full-length practice tests, instructional videos, practice questions, and quizzes
- Hundreds of practice questions in the books show you how to apply concepts and equations
- 15 multiple-choice “Test Your Knowledge” questions at the end of each chapter for all books except CARS
- Learning objectives and concept checks ensure you’re focusing on the most important information in each chapter
- The comprehensive subject review was written by top-rated, award-winning Kaplan instructors who guide you on where to focus your efforts and how to organize your review.
Kaplan’s MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2021–2022 includes updates across all 7 books to reflect the latest, most accurate, and most testable materials on the MCAT test book. New layouts make our books even more streamlined and intuitive for easier review. You’ll get efficient strategies, detailed subject review, and three full-length online practise tests—all authored by the experts behind the MCAT prep course that has helped more people get into medical school than all other major courses combined.