Best Python Programming Books: Beginners to Advanced
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Its language constructs and object-oriented approach aims to help programmers write clear, logical code for small and large-scale projects. Python is a dynamically typed language. It supports multiple programming paradigms, including procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming. Python is gaining popularity due to its comprehensive standard library and it's the ability of integration into data science research tools. By reading these books given below you will learn all about Python and it's awesome features and will be able to implement the knowledge in your daily life.
Here you will get some of the best python programming books 2021.
Python Programming is a step by step guide for you to start as a beginner to be an expert in learning Python. Python has gained the attention of many students and researchers for its dуnаmiс nаturе and simple ѕуntаx. Moreover, it has some high-level features that make it preferable than other programming languages. This book discusses the fundamental features of Python and then guides you through to code your first Python program to be an expert in it. Exercises with solutions at the end of the book. Basics of simple and pleasant to learn Python language. Issues useful for understanding various programming languages. Developing logical thinking. Elements of mathematics.
What you will learn:
- Fundamental things about Python.
- Why you should choose Python over other languages.
- Downloading, setting up and running your first Python program.
- Values, variables, expressions and arithmetic notation of Python.
- Explanation of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Error finding, debugging and troubleshooting your code and much more.
Who Should Read This Book
- If you’re new to Python, you’ll get a practical, step-by-step roadmap on developing your foundational skills. You’ll be introduced to each concept and language feature in a logical order. Every step in this curriculum is explained and illustrated with short, clear code samples. Our goal with this book is to educate, not to impress or intimidate.
- If you’re familiar with some basic programming concepts, you’ll get a clear and well-tested introduction to Python. This is a practical introduction to Python that jumps right into the meat and potatoes without sacrificing substance. If you have prior experience with languages like VBA, PowerShell, R, Perl, C, C++, C#, Java, or Swift the numerous exercises within each chapter will fast-track your progress.
- If you’re a seasoned developer, you’ll get a Python 3 crash course that brings you up to speed with modern Python programming. Mix and match the chapters that interest you the most and use the interactive quizzes and review exercises to check your learning progress as you go along.
- If you’re a self-starter completely new to coding, you’ll get practical and motivating examples. You’ll begin by installing Python and setting up a coding environment on your computer from scratch, and then continue from there.
By the end of the book, you should be proficient in writing efficient and maintainable Python code.
What you will learn
- Explore modern ways of setting up repeatable and consistent Python development environments
- Effectively package Python code for community and production use
- Learn about modern syntax elements of Python programming, such as f-strings, data classes, enums, and lambda functions
- Demystify metaprogramming in Python with metaclasses
- Write concurrent code in Python
- Monitor and optimize the performance of Python application
- Extend and integrate Python with code written in different languages
This book introduces students with little or no prior programming experience to the art of computational problem solving using Python and various Python libraries, including NumPy, matplotlib, random, pandas, and sklearn. It provides students with skills that will enable them to make productive use of computational techniques, including some of the tools and techniques of data science for using computation to model and interpret data as well as substantial material on machine learning. All of the code in the book and an errata sheet is available on the book’s web page on the MIT Press website.
Excel has added quite a few new capabilities over the past couple of years, but its automation language, VBA, stopped evolving a long time ago. Many Excel power users have already adopted Python for daily automation tasks. This guide gets you started.
- Use Python without extensive programming knowledge
- Get started with modern tools, including Jupyter notebooks and Visual Studio code
- Use pandas to acquire, clean, and analyze data and replace typical Excel calculations
- Automate tedious tasks like consolidation of Excel workbooks and production of Excel reports
- Use xlwings to build interactive Excel tools that use Python as a calculation engine
- Connect Excel to databases and CSV files and fetch data from the internet using Python code
- Use Python as a single tool to replace VBA, Power Query, and Power Pivot
What you will learn:
- Leverage the features of the Raspberry Pi OS
- Discover how to configure a Raspberry Pi to build an AI-enabled robot
- Interface motors and sensors with a Raspberry Pi
- Code your robot to develop engaging and intelligent robot behaviour
- Explore AI behaviour such as speech recognition and visual processing
- Find out how you can control AI robots with a mobile phone over Wi-Fi
- Understand how to choose the right parts and assemble your robot
f you want to learn how to program but don't know where to start, this is the right book and the right language for you. From the first page, our self-paced approach will help you build competence and confidence in your programming skills. And Python is the best language ever for learning how to program because of its simplicity and breadth…two features that are hard to find in a single language.
But this isn't just a book for beginners! Our self-paced approach also works for experienced programmers, helping you learn Python faster and better than you've ever learned a language before. By the time you're through, you will have mastered the key Python skills that are needed on the job, including those for object-oriented, database, and GUI programming.
Learn to master basic programming tasks from scratch with real-life, scientifically relevant examples and solutions drawn from both science and engineering. Students and researchers at all levels are increasingly turning to the powerful Python programming language as an alternative to commercial packages and this fast-paced introduction moves from the basics to advanced concepts in one complete volume, enabling readers to gain proficiency quickly.
Beginning with general programming concepts such as loops and functions within the core Python 3 language, and moving on to the NumPy, SciPy and Matplotlib libraries for numerical programming and data visualization, this textbook also discusses the use of Jupyter Notebooks to build rich-media, shareable documents for scientific analysis.
The second edition features a new chapter on data analysis with the panda's library and comprehensive updates, and new exercises and examples. A final chapter introduces more advanced topics such as floating-point precision and algorithm stability, and extensive online resources support further study.
Python Programming is one of the best books you can get to learn Python from the start. It is mainly focused on the total beginners but its lessons are preferable for the intermediate and advanced learners also. These best Python Programming books are updated with the latest Python. Each programming concept is explained well and followed codes that have a line-by-line narrative explanation of what the code does. The examples and case studies are very broad in terms of practical coverage and help you understand all the important terms about Python. The writing is clear without any grammatical and syntax errors in the code examples. Anyone with or without computer programming language experience can read this book any time anywhere.
Why you should read this book:
- Updated with the latest of Python
- Clearly explains how to program in Python and includes many examples and practice exercises
- Very well structured, simple pictures and paradigms, thorough explanations
- In-depth analysis of the methods and techniques used in the program
- Error-free code examples and many more
Python Programming Language is designed for learners who want to learn Python in lesser time from the start. This book is filled with the pro tips that will make you a Python expert. It is easy to understand, follow and practice. Formatting of this book makes it interesting to start and continue reading without any confusion. These best Python Programming books also equips a 7 Days Crash Course which is suitable for Beginners, Intermediates and Advanced level learners. It has guides and tools, codes with examples that will make a strong foundation in Python. It is also updated with the latest of Python. Starting from the basics this book discusses all the important topics of Python. Grab this amazing book.
Contents of this book:
- Fundamentals of Python
- Installing Python on your computer
- Variables, String, Date, Files, and other functions and data types are explained
- Iterative statements, Arguments, OOP concept
- Error handling and troubleshooting.
This is the collection of 3 books for all beginners, intermediate and advanced level Python programmers which provides step by step instructions from setting up your first working environment to advanced programming with python. Each of these 3 books discusses Python and it features separately according to the level of the learners. These books are well structured and easy to follow.
Book 1: Python Programming For Beginners
- A basic introduction to Python
- Background and how Python works
- Installing Python and running your first code
- Data Types
- Functions and coding style
- Project practice
Book 2: Python Programming For Intermediates
- OOP concept in Python
- Recursion in Python
- Testing and Debugging
- Namespace, Arguments and Python Modules
- Intermediate projects
Book 3: Python Programming For Advanced
- File management
- Python Iterator and Generator
- Regular Expressions
- Python Property
- Simple recap projects and many more
Python Programming contains proven steps and strategies to help beginners learn Python Programming in no time. It offers essential programming concepts and tutorials to help self-learners understand the capabilities of Python and help them create simple and practical programs on their own. This book is clearly written and covers topics in short, clear sections. It also gives clear explanations of how the code works and what to do when it doesn't. This book also explores a lot of the different aspects of a Python code to ensure that you are able to write some of your own codes. Readers of all levels will find this book a valuable learning material for harnessing the powerful features of Python as a programming language.
What you will learn:
- Fundamentals of Python Programming Language
- Reasons for choosing Python as your favorite language
- Installation of Python on different operating systems
- Working with conditional statements and loops
- Applying OOP in Python
- Regular expressions in Python
- Python Generators
- Practical exercises
- Coding tips and tricks
A Smarter Way to Learn Python is all you need if you want to learn Python easily from the beginning. This book is not like conventional books. What separates this book from other learning books is its short chapters with interactive exercises. The chapters include about two pages of reading followed by 10-20 practice exercises to drill the concepts into your memory. Each chapter builds bit by bit on the knowledge built up in previous chapters so it really gives you a good grasp and a complete overview of the concepts by the time you're done. With clear step-by-step explanations and online practice exercises, this book is a must-read for the newbies who want to learn Python programming language.
This book contains:
- 77 Chapters
- Fundamentals of Python
- A brief discussion on Variables, Data Types, and Functions
- Details about Dictionaries in Python
- Conditional statements, loops and iterative
- Working with Classes and Data Files
- Python modules
- Working with CSV files
- Retrieve Python files from JSON
- Exception Handling in Python
- Online exercises and codes.
Python Advanced is a good learning guide to learn Python programming step by step. It explains the most fundamental topics of Python to advanced and complex topics. The author Gary Gold made Python easy for the learners. He has clarified troublesome ideas and codes of Python in such a way that anybody can understand. This book discusses procedural, object-oriented programming and functional-style programming. You will also learn about profilers and reactive programming, concurrency, and parallelism, as well as tools for making your apps quick and efficient from this book.
What's in it:
- What's new in Python 3
- Python 3 Installation Guide
- Graph Theory and Fork In Python
- How to create dynamic websites with Python
- Multi-threading and Socket Programming in Python
- Web Automation with Python and much more
Python Crash Course covers all the topics you need to know about Python. It is one of the best learning guides for you to learn Python. Each of the chapters teaches you the core programming concepts that are explained well with coding techniques and examples. At the end of each section, there are "Try It Yourself" mini-projects to apply your learning. This book starts with covering the basic programming concepts and then teach you to build interactive programs and error-free coding techniques. In the later part of this book, you will learn to build an arcade game, data visualization with Python's library and a simple web app with Python.
Why you should read this book:
- It contains python installation and trouble-shooting tips for Linux, UNIX, MAC and windows operating systems
- Basics of Python
- In-depth details of core Python materials like defining variable, string, list, dictionary, loops
- Functions and classes
- Working with files and exceptions
- Data visualization with Python
- Building web application with Python
- 3 amazing projects to test your skills
- Coding techniques with plenty of examples
Automate The Boring Stuff With Python is by far the best book written in the practical real-life approach of using and learning Python. This book will not only teach you Python Programming but also let you apply the knowledge in real-world applications and automate them. The book begins with the essential skills and concepts necessary to build a solid foundation in Python. The lessons are easy to follow that even a newbie can understand. The author does a fantastic job of bridging between the concepts and skills you learned in real-world applications. From working with web pages, to automate documents, spreadsheets, drawing programs, and even GUI automation, all are discussed in this amazing book.
Contents of this book:
- Introduction and basic installation techniques of Python
- Discussion of Data Types, Variables, Loops and Statements
- Python flow control
- Function, List, Dictionary and Structuring Data
- String manipulation
- Automating tasks like:
- Pattern matching with regular expression
- Search for text in a file or across multiple files
- Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
- Debugging, Web Scraping
- Working with Excel Spread Sheets
- Working with CSV files and JSON
- Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
- Send reminder emails and text notifications
- Fill out online forms
- Image manipulation and many
Learning Python is the 5th edition of Mark Lutz popular training course on Python. This is an in-depth analysis of the Python programming language. The updated edition explains why Python is so popular and how to code with Python. It is filled with exercises and helpful illustrations which helps the reader to understand the basics of Python and make a strong foundation in it. All of the chapters are composed of necessary information regarding Python. It has over 1500 pages of information that covers all you need to know about this language. Grab this book now and start learning Python.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Python
- Python code architecture and how your code works
- Various Data Types and Operations in Python
- Python statements and Python’s general syntax model
- Usage of Function and Generators in Python
- Converting larger programs into Modules and Packages
- Object-Oriented Programming in Python
- Exception handling and development tools
- Learning advanced topics like decorators, descriptors, meta-classes, and Unicode processing
You'll learn language syntax and programming techniques in a clear and concise manner, with lots of examples that illustrate both correct usage and common idioms. Completely updated for version 3.x, Programming Python also delves into the language as a software development tool, with many code examples scaled specifically for that purpose.
- Quick Python tour: Build a simple demo that includes data representation, object-oriented programming, object persistence, GUIs, and website basics
- System programming: Explore system interface tools and techniques for command-line scripting, processing files and folders, running programs in parallel, and more
- GUI programming: Learn to use Python’s Tkinter widget library
- Internet programming: Access client-side network protocols and email tools, use CGI scripts and learn website implementation techniques
- More ways to apply Python: Implement data structures, parse text-based information, interface with databases, and extend and embed Python
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for beginning programmers as well as those new to the language. Author Bill Lubanovic takes you from the basics to more involved and varied topics, mixing tutorials with cookbook-style code recipes to explain concepts in Python 3. End-of-chapter exercises help you practice what you’ve learned.
You’ll gain a strong foundation in the language, including best practices for testing, debugging, code reuse, and other development tips. This book also shows you how to use Python for applications in business, science, and the arts, using various Python tools and open source packages.
Want to learn the Python language without slogging your way through how-to manuals? With Head First Python, you’ll quickly grasp Python’s fundamentals, working with the built-in data structures and functions. Then you’ll move on to building your very own web app, exploring database management, exception handling, and data wrangling. If you’re intrigued by what you can do with context managers, decorators, comprehensions, and generators, it’s all here. This second edition is a complete learning experience that will help you become a bonafide Python programmer in no time.
This book covers:
- Python data model: understand how special methods are the key to the consistent behaviour of objects
- Data structures: take full advantage of built-in types, and understand the text vs bytes duality in the Unicode age
- Functions as objects: view Python functions as first-class objects, and understand how this affects popular design patterns
- Object-oriented idioms: build classes by learning about references, mutability, interfaces, operator overloading, and multiple inheritances
- Control flow: leverage context managers, generators, coroutines, and concurrency with the concurrent. futures and asyncio packages
- Metaprogramming: understand how properties, attribute descriptors, class decorators, and metaclasses work
What you will learn:
- Get Python up and running on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Explore fundamental concepts of coding using data structures and control flow
- Write elegant, reusable, and efficient code in any situation
- Understand when to use the functional or OOP approach
- Cover the basics of security and concurrent/asynchronous programming
- Create bulletproof, reliable software by writing tests
- Build a simple website in Django
- Fetch, clean, and manipulate data