Best Qt Books 2023 for Software Development
Qt is much more than just a cross-platform SDK - it's a technology strategy that lets you quickly and cost-effectively design, develop, deploy, and maintain software while delivering a seamless user experience across all devices. read more Here you will find here best Qt books in 2023 about Qt.
What you will learn
- Write cross-platform code using the Qt framework to create interactive applications
- Build a desktop application using Qt Widgets
- Create a touch-friendly user interface with Qt Quick
- Develop a mobile application using Qt and deploy it on different platforms
- Get to grips with Model/View programming with Qt Widgets and Qt Quick
- Discover Qt's graphics framework and add animations to your user interface
- Write test cases using the Qt Test framework and debug code
- Build a translation-aware application
- Follow best practices in Qt to write high-performance code
What You Will Learn
- Use Qt Creator's editor to edit your application source and resource files
- Explore the core functions of Qt Creator
- Compile and debug your Qt Quick and C++ applications using Qt Creator
- Localize applications using Qt Linguist and Qt
- Build GUI applications using both Qt and Qt Quick
- Write mobile applications for Android using Qt Creator and Qt Quick
- Integrate version control with Qt Creator
- Analyze your application's runtime performance with Qt Creator
Qt Creator is a cross-platform C++ IDE (Integrated Development Environment) that is part of the Qt project. It is used for building GUI applications that run on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and many embedded systems. It includes a visual debugger and a forms designer within an integrated GUI.
Application Development with Qt Creator Second Edition covers everything you need to know to build cross-platform applications with Qt Creator. It starts by showing you how to get, install, and use Qt Creator, beginning with the basics of how to edit, compile, debug, and run applications. Along the way, you will learn how to use Qt to write cross-platform GUI applications for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and Android in C++ and Qt Quick.
You will become proficient with the facets of Qt Creator that make it a valued software development environment for students and professionals alike.
This may very well be the best PyQt5 reference available in print. The downloadable source code which this author provides in abundance makes trying variations or add-on functionality both fast and easy. I also downloaded the pdf file of this book because it is so much quicker and simpler to search than using the TOC or Index pages in the book. Fitzpatrick's explanations are lucid and well illustrated. I consider this the most valuable book on my Python bookshelf.
Just learning QT5 programming and enjoying going through the book so far. As noted in another review, the link for the sample code at the beginning of the book just yielded a Hello World response. I just entered the URL (without the /d/pyqt5-source.zip) and the author has a link there to email him. He replied to my email immediately and supplied the download links.
The book puts everything you need to know in one place organized to maximize the learning process. Even though my app is fairy simple, I did need to use quite a few functions in PyQt5 so having the book as a ready reference was quite helpful. I would recommend the book to anyone contemplating learning PyQT.
What you will learn
- Animate GUI elements using Qt5's built-in animation system
- Draw shapes and 2D images using Qt5's powerful rendering system
- Implement an industry-standard OpenGL library in your project
- Build a mobile app that supports touch events and exports it onto devices
- Parse and extract data from an XML file and present it on your GUI
- Access MySQL and SQLite databases to retrieve data and display it on your GUI
Qt is a cross-platform application framework and widget toolkit that is used to create GUI applications that can run on different hardware and operating systems. The main aim of this book is to introduce Qt to the reader. Through the use of simple examples, we will walk you through building blocks without focusing too much on theory.
Qt is a popular tool that can be used for building a variety of applications, such as web browsers, media players such as VLC, and Adobe Photoshop. Following Qt installation and setup, the book dives straight into helping you create your first application.
What You Will Learn:
- Set up and configure your machine to begin developing Qt applications.
- Discover different widgets and layouts for constructing UIs.
- Understand the key concept of signals and slots.
- Understand how signals and slots help animate a GUI.
- Explore how to create customized widgets along with signals and slots.
- Understand how to subclass and create a custom windows application.
- Understand how to write applications that can talk to databases.
Master application development by writing succinct, robust, and reusable code with Qt 5
About This Book
- Unleash the power of Qt 5 with C++14
- Integrate useful third-party libraries such as OpenCV
- Package and deploy your application on multiple platforms
Who This Book Is For
This book will appeal to developers and programmers who would like to build GUI-based applications. Knowledge of C++ is necessary and the basics of Qt would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Create stunning UIs with Qt Widget and Qt Quick
- Develop powerful, cross-platform applications with the Qt framework
- Design GUIs with the Qt Designer and build a library in it for UI preview
- Handle user interaction with the Qt signal/slot mechanism in C++
- Prepare a cross-platform project to host a third-party library
- Build a Qt application using the OpenCV API
- Use the Qt Animation framework to display stunning effects
- Deploy mobile apps with Qt and embedded platforms
Qt 5.7 is an application development framework that provides great user experience and develops full-capability applications with Qt Widgets, QML, and even Qt 3D.
This book will address challenges in successfully developing cross-platform applications with the Qt framework. Cross-platform development needs a well-organized project. Using this book, you will have a better understanding of the Qt framework and the tools to resolve serious issues such as linking, debugging, and multithreading. Your journey will start with the new Qt 5 features. Then you will explore different platforms and learn to tame them. Every chapter along the way is a logical step that you must take to master Qt. The journey will end in an application that has been tested and is ready to be shipped.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide to building applications in Qt. Each chapter covers increasingly advanced topics, with subjects grouped according to their complexity as well as their usefulness. Packed with practical examples and explanations, Mastering Qt contains everything you need to take your applications to the next level.
Qt 4 is radically different from earlier versions of Qt, with lots of new features and many small changes everywhere in the API. For customers porting applications from Qt 3 to Qt 4, this is bad news; but for us, this is good news, because it means that owners of the Qt 3 book will want to buy this one as well. Those who buy this book will:
1. Learn how to program Qt the right way, i.e. with the grain of the tool.
2. Learn standard patterns of Qt programming, from basic tasks like creating a file menu with a recently used files list to more complex tasks such as presenting data to the user through the user interface, and providing the user with the ability to interact with their data.
3. Learn how to extend Qt to meet their needs, for example, through subclassing and by composition.
4. Gain insight into programming in general and into graphical user interface programming in particular.
Qt has evolved into a remarkably powerful solution for cross-platform desktop, Web, and mobile development. However, even the most experienced Qt programmers only use a fraction of its capabilities. Moreover, practical information about Qt’s newest features has been scarce—until now.
Advanced Qt Programming shows developers exactly how to take full advantage of Qt 4.5’s and Qt 4.6’s most valuable new APIs, application patterns, and development practices. Authored by Qt expert Mark Summerfield, this book concentrates on techniques that offer the most power and flexibility with the least added complexity.
Summerfield focuses especially on model/view and graphics/view programming, hybrid desktop/Web applications, threading, and applications incorporating media and rich text. Throughout, he presents realistic, downloadable code examples, all tested on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux using Qt 4.6 (and most tested on Qt 4.5) and designed to anticipate future versions of Qt. The book
- Walks through using Qt with WebKit to create innovative hybrid desktop/Internet applications
- Shows how to use the Phonon framework to build powerful multimedia applications
- Presents state-of-the-art techniques for using model/view table and tree models, QStandardItemModels, delegates, and views, and for creating custom table and tree models, delegates, and views
- Explains how to write more effective threaded programs with the QtConcurrent module and with the QThread class
- Includes detailed coverage of creating rich text editors and documents
- Thoroughly covers graphics/view programming: architecture, windows, widgets, layouts, scenes, and more
- Introduces Qt 4.6’s powerful animation and state machine frameworks
A complete guide for designing and building fun games with Qt and Qt Quick 2 using associated toolsets
About This Book
- Learn to create simple 2D to complex 3D graphics and games using all possible tools and widgets available for game development in Qt
- Understand technologies such as QML, Qt Quick, OpenGL, and Qt Creator, and learn the best practices to use them to design games
- Learn Qt with the help of many sample games introduced step-by-step in each chapter
Who This Book Is For
If you want to create great graphical user interfaces and astonishing games with Qt, this book is ideal for you. Any previous knowledge of Qt is not required, however knowledge of C++ is mandatory.
What You Will Learn
- Install Qt on your system
- Understand the basic concepts of every Qt game and application
- Develop 2D object-oriented graphics using Qt Graphics View
- Build multiplayer games or add a chat function to your games with Qt's Network module
- Script your game with Qt Script
- Program resolution-independent and fluid UI using QML and Qt Quick
- Control your game flow as per the sensors of a mobile device
- See how to test and debug your game easily with Qt Creator and Qt Test
Qt is the leading cross-platform toolkit for all significant desktop, mobile, and embedded platforms and is becoming more popular by the day, especially on mobile and embedded devices. Despite its simplicity, it's a powerful tool that perfectly fits game developers' needs. Using Qt and Qt Quick, it is easy to build fun games or shiny user interfaces. You only need to create your game once and deploy it on all major platforms like iOS, Android, and WinRT without changing a single source file.
The book begins with a brief introduction to create an application and prepare a working environment for both desktop and mobile platforms. It then dives deeper into the basics of creating graphical interfaces and Qt core concepts of data processing and display before you try creating a game. As you progress through the chapters, you'll learn to enrich your games by implementing network connectivity and employing scripting. We then delve into Qt Quick, OpenGL, and various other tools to add game logic, design animation, add game physics, and build astonishing UI for the games. Towards the final chapters, you'll learn to exploit mobile device features such as accelerators and sensors to build engaging user experiences. If you are planning to learn about Qt and its associated toolsets to build apps and games, this book is a must-have.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow, example-based, comprehensive introduction to all the major features in Qt. The content of each chapter is explained and organized around one or multiple simple game examples to learn Qt in a fun way.
The coverage of the book includes:
- Python basics for every PyQt developer: data types, data structures, control structures, classes, modules, and more
- Core PyQt GUI programming techniques: dialogs, main windows, and custom file formats
- Using Qt Designer to design user interfaces, and to implement and test dialogs, events, the Clipboard, and drag-and-drop
- Building custom widgets: Widget Style Sheets, composite widgets, subclassing, and more
- Making the most of Qt 4.2's new graphics/view architecture
- Connecting to databases, executing SQL queries, and using form and table views
- Advanced model/view programming: custom views, generic delegates, and more
- Implementing online help, internationalizing applications, and using PyQt's networking and multithreading facilities