Best Ruby on Rails 6 Books 2021 | Start Building Amazing Web Applications with Rails
Ruby on Rails is one of the most popular frameworks for developing powerful web applications. Tech giants like Twitter, Github, Disney, and Airbnb relies on Rails for building their powerful sites. And as a developer, skill in this framework seriously help you secure a worthy career.
Rails new update Rails 6 has just arrived in the market. And as a developer whether experienced or new to development, you should move to this updated version. But there is a scarce of good resources to start learning the framework. But don't worry! we are here to help you out.
We have collected some of the best Ruby on Rails books in 2021 which will show you the path to start your journey. Check them and pick the perfect ones for you!
What You Will learn
- Fundamentals of the Ruby programming language
- Understanding all the basic components of Rails
- Integrating the components of Rails 6 to in your own application
- Ensuring your applications work as expected with Test-Driven Development(TDD)
- Understanding the best practice techniques
- Using effective Git source control features
Whether you are an experienced developer or completely new to Rails 6, this priceworthy tutorial has the best guidance to offer you. With a step by step approach, it will teach you all the core principles of Rails 6 framework. The book provides an in-depth comprehension of the framework. If you really want to become a skilled developer in Rails 6, you should go with this book.
What You Will Learn
- Installing Rails and its dependencies on your environment
- Understanding built in Rails 6 features
- Managing background jobs with ActiveJob
- Developing real-time features using WebSockets and ActionCable
- Testing your application with built-in system testing frameworks
- Receiving mails in your apps with Action Mailer
- Setting up Rails 6 environment in your computer
- Working with Model-View-Controller(MVC) pattern
- Developing applications using REST architecture
- Transforming static pages into dynamic ones
- Creating high-quality site layouts and data models
- Managing user accounts with registration and authentication system
- Understanding and using Ajax in your applications
- Deploying applications with Heroku
Are you completely new to coding and are looking for a great, easy-to-understand language to learn as your first? Do you want to become a more productive programmer and skip all the extra keywords, declaration, and compilation steps that are rife in other languages? If your answer is yes to any of the questions above, then this book is for you. Ruby is used in some of the world's most popular and user-heavy web applications, for good reason. It's easy to maintain and is designed to be concurrent. In this guide, Nathan Metzler skips the fluff and shows you how easy it is to get started with Ruby as a beginner and code your own applications with practical examples and exercises.