Best books to learn Selenium WebDriver to automate web and mobile projects
WebDriver is a tool for writing automated tests of websites. It aims to mimic the behaviour of a real user, and as such interacts with the HTML of the application. Selenium WebDriver is an open source web UI automation tool implemented through a browser-specific browser driver, which sends commands to a browser and retrieves results.
Selenium WebDriver will help you through the various APIs of WebDriver which should be used in automation tests, followed by a discussion of the various WebDriver implementations available. read more Here we have listed some books of Selenium WebDriver. Hope these will helpful for you.
About the Book
Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver, is the latest book released on Selenium 2.0 using Java as a programming language. This Selenium book has been designed with the objectives of simplicity and ease of understanding.
After huge success of author Navneesh Garg’s first book (Test Automation using Unified Functional Testing) this book follows a similar step by step approach to Install, configure and design automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and it components.
Who is this book for?
This book is recommended both for those who are beginning to learn test automation (using Selenium WebDriver) and for advanced automation users. It follows a unique training based approach instead of a regular text book approach. Using a step by step approach, it guides the students through the exercises using pictorial snapshots.
It includes many practical examples and issues which most of the automation testers encounter in day-to-day automation. These experiences will give you an insight into what challenges you could face with automation in the real world. Practical examples cover how to use most of the features within Selenium WebDriver.
No Programming Background?
A major fear amongst functional testers who want to learn Selenium is of programming language and coding. As a part of this we will cover just enough basics on Java programming language that will give the readers confidence to use Selenium WebDriver.
This book cover Selenium Webdriver integration with independent components to be installed like Java, FireBug, Firepath, Eclipse, TestNG, ANT and Jenkins (Continuous Integration tool) We will cover step by step installation, configuration and use of each of these components.
Those want to know about Cross Browser testing, it covers how to use Selenium WebDriver to run o IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
It also covers Selenium components like Selenium IDE and Selenium Grid. We will cover setup of Selenium Grid and perform parallel execution of Selenium WebDriver scripts on multiple browsers.
It also covers aspects of Continuous Integration tool Jenkins so that Selenium WebDriver scripts can be integrated with the development environment and run on nightly builds.
Quotes from Reviewers
“Terrific follow-up to previous book on automation tool HP UFT... this time on Selenium! Step-by-step setup of the tool and scripting tasks are both explained using easy to understand language. Automation concepts, processes, and real-life scenarios are also provided to enhance the tester's technical skills.”
“A great hands-on guide to learn Selenium WebDriver with Java. Real-life examples and experiences are great help to understand objectives and issues with automation. A great recommend for everyone”
Increase the performance, capability, and reliability of your automated checks by mastering Selenium WebDriver
About This Book
- Create an extensible test framework in Java supporting parallel execution with TestNG
- Understand the power, simplicity, and limitations of the core Selenium framework
- Write clear, simple, readable, and reliable tests that perform complex test automation tasks
Who This Book Is For
If you are a software tester or a developer who has learnt the basics of Selenium using the WebDriver API and is now ready to take the next step, then this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Provide fast, useful feedback with sensible errors and screenshots
- Create extensible, well-composed page objects
- Gain an in-depth understanding of implicit and explicit waits, and how you should use them
- Leverage the full power of the Actions API
- Extend Selenium's capabilities by integrating other applications
- Learn how to plug third-party products into Selenium, and where it is appropriate to do so
Selenium WebDriver, also known as Selenium 2, is a UI automation tool used by software developers and QA engineers to test their web applications on different web browsers. The Selenium WebDriver API is fully object oriented compared with the deprecated Selenium RC. The WebDriver API provides multi-language support and run tests on all the most popular browsers.
In this wide and complex World Wide Web era, this book will teach you how to tame it by gaining an in-depth understanding of the Selenium API.
This book starts with how to solve the difficult problems that you will undoubtedly come across as you start using Selenium in an enterprise environment, followed by producing the right feedback when failing, and what the common exceptions are, explain them properly (including the root cause) and tell you how to fix them. You will also see the differences between the three available implicit waits and explicit waits, and learn to working with effective page objects.
At the end, the book will discuss the upcoming Selenium W3C specification and how it is going to affect the future of Selenium.
Style and approach
This book is a pragmatic guide that takes you through the process of creating a test framework. It then shows you how you can extend this framework to overcome common obstacles that you will come across whilst using Selenium.
- Covers basic to advanced concepts of WebDriver
- Learn how to design a more effective automation framework
- Explores all of the APIs within WebDriver
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of each concept through practical code examples
Selenium WebDriver is an open source web UI automation tool implemented through a browser-specific browser driver, which sends commands to a browser and retrieves results.
Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide will guide you through the various APIs of WebDriver which should be used in automation tests, followed by a discussion of the various WebDriver implementations available. This guide will support you by offering you access to source code fi les, including the essential HTML fi les, that allow you to work with jQuery and other examples throughout the book. Finally, you will receive an in-depth explanation of how to deal with the latest features of WebDriver through step-by-step practical tutorials.
What you will Learn
- Learn the basic design of Selenium WebDriver and understand how it overcomes the limitations of its predecessor
- Set up and use Selenium Grid
- Discover the various mechanisms used to locate web elements
- Perform advanced actions such as drag-and-drop, double-click, right-click, and action builders on web pages
- Explore the advanced features of WebDriver such as handling cookies, taking screenshotsmanaging timeouts, and browser navigations
- Acquire an understanding of the various WebDriver implementations such as Firefox Driver, IE Driver, and Chrome Driver
- Explore WebDriver EventListeners
- Design effective automation frameworks using the PageObject pattern
- Learn how to deal with the latest features of WebDriver
About the Author
Satya Avasarala has rich experience in Java development and automation testing. He is an engineer in computer science. He has used WebDriver for many years now and has created several good automation frameworks. He has worked at various large software enterprises such as Oracle Corp, Yahoo! Inc., VMware Inc., and the REA Group.
Table of Contents
- Introducing WebDriver and WebElements
- Exploring Advanced Interactions of WebDriver
- Exploring the Features of WebDriver
- Different Available WebDrivers
- Understanding WebDriver Events
- Dealing with I/O
- Exploring RemoteWebDriver and WebDriverBackedSelenium
- Understanding Selenium Grid
- Understanding PageObject Pattern
- Testing iOS and Android Apps
Selenium is a the most popular open-source test automation tool. Its widely used in Industry to automate web and mobile projects. Selenium can be used to test across different browsers and platforms.
Its flexible enough to allow you to code your automation scripts in languages like Java, C#, Python etc.
Selenium primarily has 3 components
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Grid
- Selenium Grid
This book covers tutorials and training to teach you Selenium 2 as well Selenium 3. The book uses Java as the scripting language.
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Selenium
Chapter 2: Install Selenium IDE and FireBug
Chapter 3: Introduction to Selenium IDE
Chapter 4: Creating your First Selenium IDE script
Chapter 5: How to use Locators in Selenium IDE
Chapter 6: How to enhance a script using Selenium IDE
Chapter 7: Introduction to WebDriver & Comparison with Selenium RC
Chapter 8: Guide to install Selenium WebDriver
Chapter 9: Creating your First Script in Webdriver
Chapter 10: Accessing Forms in Webdriver
Chapter 11: Accessing Links & Tables using Selenium Webdriver
Chapter 12: Keyboard Mouse Events , Uploading Files - Webdriver
Chapter 13: How TestNG makes Selenium tests easier
Chapter 14: Introduction to Selenium Grid
Chapter 15: Parameterization using XML and DataProviders: Selenium
Chapter 16: Cross Browser Testing using Selenium
Chapter 17: All About Excel in Selenium: POI & JXL
Chapter 18: Creating Keyword & Hybrid Frameworks with Selenium
Chapter 19: Page Object Model (POM) & Page Factory in Selenium: Ultimate Guide
Chapter 20: PDF, Emails and Screenshot of Test Reports in Selenium
Leverage the power of Selenium to build your own real-time test cases from scratch
About This Book
- Build automated scripts and develop Test Automation Frameworks using the Selenium WebDriver tool
- Automate tests to ensure error free, quality software
- A comprehensive guide with real-world examples and screenshots to automate browser testing using Selenium
Who This Book Is For
If you are a software developer with a basic knowledge of testing and are interested in automated testing using Selenium, this is the book for you. No prior knowledge of Selenium is required.
What You Will Learn
- Understand designing and implementing the automation framework
- Understand and implement AJAX in your web pages
- Set up Selenium WebDriver in both IntelliJ and Eclipse
- Build test suites in Selenium using PageObjects
- Get to know about WebElement handling with Selenium WebDriver
- Install Selenium WebDriver for mobile devices
- Understand and learn testing in Selenium Grid
Web technologies are becoming increasingly complex and there is often a need to test your web applications against a vast number of browsers and platforms, so you need to build highly reliable and maintainable test automation cases. Selenium is one of the most easy to implement and efficient solutions for this.
This book will guide you through designing and implementing the automation framework on Selenium to build advanced automated test cases. You will start with getting acquainted with the Selenium IDE, working with AJAX, and using different methods to locate elements in a web page. You will then move on to using PageObjects, making tests maintainable, using WebDriver with different browsers, and setting up Selenium Grid. You will also be introduced to advanced topics such as working with proxy servers, network intrusions, and more. By the end of the book, you will have the skills to efficiently test your web applications using Selenium. A well-detailed section has been dedicated to teaching you the object-oriented concepts with basics of core Java, which are the pre-requisites for Selenium automation.
Unlock the full potential of Selenium WebDriver to test your web applications in a wide range of situations. The countless recipes and code examples provided ease the learning curve and provide insights into virtually every eventuality.
- Learn to leverage the power of Selenium WebDriver with simple examples that illustrate real world problems and their workarounds
- Each sample demonstrates key concepts allowing you to advance your knowledge of Selenium WebDriver in a practical and incremental way
- Explains testing of mobile web applications with Selenium Drivers for platforms such as iOS and Android
Web technologies are becoming increasingly complex and there is a need to test your web applications against a vast number of browsers and platforms, so you need to build highly reliable and maintainable test automation. This book will help you test your web applications effectively and efficiently with Selenium WebDriver.
"Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook" is an incremental guide that will help you learn and use advanced features of Selenium WebDriver API in various situations for building reliable test automation. You will learn how to effectively use features of Selenium using simple and detailed examples. This book will also teach you best practices, design patterns, and how to extend Selenium.
"Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook" shows developers and testers who already use Selenium, how to go to the next step and build a highly maintainable and reliable test framework using advanced features of the tool.
The book starts with tips on advanced location strategy and effective use of Selenium WebDriver API. Then it demonstrates the use of design patterns such as Data Driven Tests and PageFactory for building maintainable test automation.
It also explains extending Selenium WebDriver API along with implementing custom tasks and setting up your own distributed environment to run tests in parallel.
It concludes with tips on integrating Selenium WebDriver with other popular tools, testing mobile web applications, and capturing videos of test runs. This books provides examples in Java, C#, Ruby, and Python.
"Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook" will help you in building a highly robust and maintainable test automation framework from start to finish.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand Locators and use various locator methods to build reliable tests
- Build reliable and maintainable tests with Selenium WebDriver API
- Use PageFactory Pattern to build a robust and easy- to-maintain test framework
- Build data driven tests and extend Selenium API to implement custom steps and checks
- Learn to integrate and use ATDD/BDD tools such as JBehave, SpecFlow, and FitNesses with Selenium WebDriver
- Set up iPhone/iPad & Android simulators and devices for testing your mobile web application
- Set up Selenium Grid for faster and parallel run of tests, increasing test coverage and reducing test execution time
- Capture screenshots and videos of test runs
This is a cookbook packed with code examples and step-by-step instructions to ease your learning curve.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for software quality assurance/testing professionals, software project managers, or software developers with prior experience in using Selenium and Java for testing web-based applications. This book also provides examples for C#, Python, and Ruby users.
Are You Interested in Selenium WebDriver?
This is one of the best Java books specifically for SeleniumNote: Book available on your tablet, phone, PDF, PC, Mac, and paperback (Black/White & Color). You will find details of downloading the PDF document inside the book.
3 Tips To Master Selenium Within 30 DaysCopy and paste this URL http://tinyurl.com/3-Tips-For-Selenium into your browser to receive your tips
Why You Will Like Part 1 – Java 4 Selenium WebDriver?
Part 1 – Java 4 Selenium WebDriver contains valuable information for testers without previous programming knowledge. The book is written with the absolute beginner in mind, so that they may gain a thorough understanding of Java. Important Java concepts are explained in a very simple, insightful, and easy to understand manner through straightforward definitions, explanations, and examples.
Most instructional Java books provide good information, but some of the information is not significant to automation testers. Moreover, there are Selenium books that do not offer adequate information regarding Java. The focus of Selenium books is to learn the tool rather than learn the programming language. Part 1 – Java 4 Selenium WebDriver will fill this gap by offering pertinent information to help automation testers become effective using Java in Selenium.
Beginners (Minimum to no knowledge of programming)
Don’t Miss Out! You Need To Read This Book So You Can Learn:
- ✓ Variables
✓ Data Types
✓ Branch Control Structures
✓ Loop Control Structures
Over 90 recipes to help you build and run automated tests for your web applications with Selenium WebDriver
About This Book
- Learn to leverage the power of Selenium WebDriver with simple examples that illustrate real-world problems and their workarounds
- Explains the testing of mobile applications with Appium for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android
- A pragmatic manual with engaging recipes and attractive screenshots to test your web applications efficiently
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for software quality assurance/testing professionals, software project managers, or software developers with prior experience in using Selenium and Java to test web-based applications. This books also provides examples for C#, Python and Ruby users.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how the locators work and use various locator methods to build reliable tests
- Build reliable and maintainable tests with the Selenium WebDriver API
- Use the PageFactory pattern to build a robust and easy to maintain test framework
- Build data-driven tests and extend Selenium API to implement custom steps and checks
- Integrate and use ATDD/BDD tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, Capybara, and Behave with the Selenium WebDriver API
- Set up iPhone/iPad and Android simulators and devices to test your mobile web application with Appium
- Set up Selenium Grid for faster and parallel running of tests, increasing test coverage and reducing test execution time for cross-browser testing
- Build extended Selenium WebDriver tests for additional coverage
This book is an incremental guide that will help you learn and use the advanced features of the Selenium toolset including the WebDriver API in various situations to build a reliable test automation. You start off by setting up the test development environment and gain tips on the advanced locater strategy and the effective use of the Selenium WebDriver API.
After that, the use of design patterns such as data - driven tests and PageFactory are demonstrated. You will then be familiarised with extending Selenium WebDriver API by implementing custom tasks and setting up your own distributed environment to run tests in parallel for cross-browser testing.
Finally, we give you some tips on integrating Selenium WebDriver with other popular tools and testing mobile applications. By the end of this book, you will have learned enough to solve complex testing issues on your own.
Style and approach
This recipe-based guide covers real-life scenarios of testing your web apps with Selenium. Each recipe begins with a short introduction and key concepts along with illustrated examples of use cases, and ends with detailed but informative descriptions of the inner workings of the example.
Solve your Selenium WebDriver problems with this quick guide to automated testing of web applications with Selenium WebDriver in C#. Selenium WebDriver Recipes in C#, Second Edition contains hundreds of solutions to real-world problems, with clear explanations and ready-to-run Selenium test scripts that you can use in your own projects.
- How to locate web elements and test functions for hyperlinks, buttons, TextFields and TextAreas, radio buttons, CheckBoxes, and more
- How to use Selenium WebDriver for select lists, navigation, assertions, frames, file upload and pop-up dialogs
- How to debug test scripts and test data
- How to manage and deal with browser profiles and capabilities<
- How to manage tests for advanced user interactions and experiences (UX)
- How to work with and manage tests and testing using Selenium Remote Control and Selenium Server