10 Best Typescript Books to Learn how to build large apps with modules
Here you will get some best books on Typescript.
What You Will Learn
- Basics of Typescript language and its structure
- Object-oriented concepts in Typescript
- Understanding the runtime environment in Typescript
- Running Typescript in a browser
- Running Typescript on a server
- Working with exceptions, memory, and performance
- Automated testing of your applications
What You Will Learn
- Fundamental TypeScript language features including inheritance and generics
- Automated testing with unit testing
- Browser automation with Jasmine and Selenium
- Organize your application code using modules
- Asynchronous Module Loading with require.js
- Advanced object-oriented techniques including dependency injection and strongly typed domain events
- Developing a complete single-page web application with TypeScript and Marionette
TypeScript High Performance is designed to teach you to write high scalable code. It starts with an introduction to the implementation of basic data structures. Then it teaches you the data types and flow-control in Typescript. You'll learn advanced language construction and asynchronous programming. You'll also understand the concepts of profiling and how to use various tools of JS including firebug, chrome, and fiddler for profiling. By the end of this book, you'll acquire enough knowledge and skills to build and deploy real-world Typescript applications.
If you're an absolute beginner, then this book is a great resource for you to learning Typescript easily. It covers the basic features of the language in a comprehensive way. It provides relevant examples for every topic. You'll learn all the constructions of writing Typescript code in Visual Studio. It starts with simple lessons but quickly moves through Object-Oriented concepts in Typescript. With this guide, you'll become a beginner to an efficient developer in Typescript.
What You Will Learn
- Setting up your environment for TypeScript compiler and development tools
- Basic Typescript features including interfaces, classes, and modules
- Using type annotations, declaration files, and ECMA script integration
- Writing reusable modular codes
- Developing an interactive web application
- Improving the performance of your application
- Reducing network traffic
- Creating reliable applications with test-driven development
TypeScript Design Patterns demonstrate all the important design patterns you need to know in Typescript. It completely focuses on design patterns. So you need some basic understanding of Typescript language and it's environment. It provides practical examples and step-by-step instruction for every design pattern. With this guide, you'll enrich your skills and become a more efficient developer in Typescript.
What you'll learn
- Understanding the challenges in developing an enterprise application
- Configuring the necessary tools for Typescript
- Developing your first application in Typescript
- Applying GoF patterns in an application
- Using design patterns while developing a TypeScript application
- Using SOLID principles in your application
- Improving code quality and development speed
Mastering TypeScript is a great book to learn Typescript in deep. If you've already started learning Typescript and want to dive more deeply into Typescript, then this book is for you. It starts with an overview of the basics. Then it goes deeper into the language features and reveals third-party libraries, design patterns and more. It provides hands-on examples of every concept. It shows you how to use TypeScript with popular frameworks, including Backbone, Angular 2, React, Aurelia, Node. You'll also learn about test-driven development. Completing this guide, you'll enhance your knowledge and ability to build high-quality applications.
What you'll learn
- Core and advanced TypeScript language features
- Creating extensive test suites for your application with Jasmine, Protactor, and Selenium
- Organizing your application code using modules, AMD loaders, Require and SystemJs
- Advanced object-oriented design principles, including Dependency Injection
- Understanding various MVC implementations in Aurelia, Angular, React and Backbone
- Building a complete single-page web application
It's another good book for beginners in Typescript. This book is a perfect start for you if you want to start Typescript from the ground up, then this book is for you. It focuses on the basic features of the language. It starts with the basic data types and variable of the language and then it demonstrates interfaces and classes. It also shows you functions and modules. It also provides an introduction to Angular.
What You'll learn
- Setting up Your Environment for Typescript
- Basic Types and Variables
- Interfaces and Classes
- Functions (includes async/await)
- Declaration Files
- Angular with TypeScript
What you'll learn
- Using TypeScript to develop server, client, and mobile applications
- Test your Typescript applications
- Building complex UI components using Angular and TypeScript
- Resolving real-life problems using multiple approaches
- Becoming a versatile and competent TypeScript developer
- Tackle a wide variety of TypeScript projects
- Overcome obstacles related to modules and type definition files
- Advanced features of specific topics such as OOP, asynchronous programming, data structures, visualizations, and client-server communication.
A hands-on guide with a minimalist and flexible approach that enables quick learning and rapid delivery of cloud-ready enterprise applications with Angular 6
- Explore tools and techniques to push your web app to the next level
- Master Angular app design and architectural considerations
- Learn continuous integration and deploy your app on a highly available cloud infrastructure in AWS
Angular 6 for Enterprise-Ready Web Applications follows a hands-on and minimalist approach demonstrating how to design and architect high quality apps.
The first part of the book is about mastering the Angular platform using foundational technologies. You will use the Kanban method to focus on value delivery, communicate design ideas with mock-up tools and build great looking apps with Angular Material. You will become comfortable using CLI tools, understand reactive programming with RxJS, and deploy to the cloud using Docker.
The second part of the book will introduce you to the router-first architecture, a seven-step approach to designing and developing mid-to-large line-of-business applications, along with popular recipes. You will learn how to design a solid authentication and authorization experience; explore unit testing, early integration with backend APIs using Swagger and continuous integration using CircleCI. In the concluding chapters, you will provision a highly available cloud infrastructure on AWS and then use Google Analytics to capture user behavior.
By the end of this book, you will be familiar with the scope of web development using Angular, Swagger, and Docker, learning patterns and practices to be successful as an individual developer on the web or as a team in the Enterprise.
What you will learn
- Create full-stack web applications using Angular and RESTful APIs
- Master Angular fundamentals, RxJS, CLI tools, unit testing, GitHub, and Docker
- Design and architect responsive, secure and scalable apps to deploy on AWS
- Adopt a minimalist, value-first approach to delivering your app with Kanban
- Get introduced to automated testing with continuous integration on CircleCI
- Optimize Nginx and Node.js web servers with load testing tools
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to confidently deliver high-quality and production-grade Angular apps from design to deployment. We assume that you have prior experience in writing a RESTful API with the tech stack of your choice; if you don't, you can still gain a lot of benefit from this book, which focuses on the entire scope of frontend development, from design to deployment!
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Your Development Environment
- Create a Local Weather Web Application
- Prepare Angular App for Production Release
- Staying Up to Date with Angular Updates
- Enhance Angular App with Angular Material
- Reactive Forms and Component Interaction
- Create a Router-First Line-of-Business App
- Continuous Integration and API Design
- Design Authentication and Authorization
- Angular App Design and Recipes
- Highly-Available Cloud Infrastructure on AWS
- Google Analytics and Advanced Cloud Ops
*Updated to Angular 6!
Angular is one of the leading frameworks to develop apps across all platforms. Reuse your code and build fast and high performing apps for any platform be it web, mobile web, native mobile and native desktop. You use small manageable components to build a large powerful app. No more wasting time hunting for DOM nodes!
In this book, we take you on a fun, hands-on and pragmatic journey to master Angular from a web development point of view. You'll start building Angular apps within minutes. Every section is written in a bite-sized manner and straight to the point as I don’t want to waste your time (and most certainly mine) on the content you don't need. In the end, you will have what it takes to develop a real-life app.
About the Reader
About the Author
Greg Lim is a technologist and author of several programming books. Greg has many years in teaching programming in tertiary institutions and he places special emphasis on learning by doing.
Table of Contents
- Creating and Using Components
- Working with Components
- Conditional Rendering, Pipes and Ng-Content
- Template Driven Forms
- Model Driven Forms
- Introduction to Observables
- Getting Data From RESTful APIs with Observables
- Structuring Large Apps With Modules
- C.R.U.D. with Firebase
- Authentication with Firebase