Best Web Design and Development Books You Should Read
Web Design is one of the most effective services you can utilize for your business. But any web designer will tell you, creating sites isn't just a service - it's an art. Just like other fields of design, web design is constantly and rapidly evolving. With billions of websites on the internet today, you could be right to compare website developers with bees as far as being busy is concerned. read more If you have a well-designed site for your business, you'll get more customer conversions. Hopefully, these books will help you.
Book Design Made Simple gives DIY authors, small presses, and graphic designers―novices and experts alike―the power to design their own books. It's the first comprehensive book of its kind, explaining every step from installing Adobe® InDesign® right through to sending the files to press. For those who want to design their own books but have little idea how to proceed, Book Design Made Simple is a semester of book design instruction plus a publishing class rolled into one. Let two experts guide you through the process with easy step-by-step instructions, resulting in a professional-looking top-quality book.
It helps you to learn
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts.
- Clean design and layout present each topic on a new page for easy reference.
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code.
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful websites.
- Build a Strong Foundation for Web Development Skills.
If you want just one complete reference on web design, you can read this book. The newest edition of this essential guide features 650+ pages on the latest tools and new web design standards, such as HTML5, CSS 3, and other core technologies and page-building strategies. If you're looking for an in-depth reference on all aspects of designing and building a site then this book is for you.
It helps you to learn
- Thorough revision brings you up to date on the latest changes in the world of web design.
- Features five mini books that cover all the bases: Getting Started, Designing for the Web, Building the Site, Standards and Testing, and Publishing and Site Maintenance.
- Covers the latest tools, page-building strategies, and emerging technologies, such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Includes over 650 pages of detail on such topics as establishing audience focus, creating content, using mock-ups and storyboards to establish the look, how to design for text and images, testing your site, and more.
If you are really serious about web designing then you should read this book. It covers a very deep and subtle topic in a very clear and concise way. From this book, you'll learn responsive techniques to make your designs look magnificent on any device, future-proof them, and reduce development time and budget. That will help you to deal with the very real problem and how your application will be used.
It helps you to learn
- Understanding web users.
- The strategy of the Website Management.
- Optimizing User Experience.
- Marketing your website!
- Technology and Design options.
This book presents a comprehensive introduction to the development of effective websites. An emphasis on hands-on practice guides readers, as the text introduces topics ranging from configuration and layout to accessibility techniques and ethical considerations. The Eighth Edition contains updated coverage of HTML5 and CSS3, expanded coverage of designing for mobile devices, and more.
This book will help you more to learn
- Conquer forms
- Add validation and user interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 markup alone
- Implement SVG (Scala Vector Graphics) into your responsive designs to provide resolution independent images
- Llearn how to adapt and animate them
- Learn how to use the latest features of CSS including custom fonts, nth-child selectors (and some CSS4 selectors), CSS custom properties (variables), and CSS calc.
This book is a complete introduction to learn Web Design. Whether you are a beginner or more advanced this book dives deep into the different options and techniques you can use to create the best Web content.
It helps you to learn
- Facts about web design.
- Your choices in software to use.
- Crucial components of Web Design.
- Factors affecting costs of web design.
- Web design practices you need to adhere to.
- Whether to build a dynamic website or hire a service.
This is the perfect book for beginner's to start. This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels, whether you’re a beginner or brushing up on existing skills. This book shows you how to attach the latest features of HTML5 in the context of responsive web design. You will know from this book how to make your pages interactive by using CSS animations, transformations, and transitions and to wield the new Flexbox layout mechanism, code responsive images, and understand how to implement SVG in a responsive project.
This book helps you to learn
- HTML5 markup is cleaner, faster and more semantically rich than anything that has come before - learn how to use it and its latest features.
- Integrate CSS3 media queries into your designs to use different styles for different media.
- You'll also learn about future media queries which are evolving in CSS4.
- Responsive images allow different images to be presented in different scenarios.
- We'll cover how to load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution and how to display different images in different contexts.
This is one of the best and most authoritative guides on learning Web Design from the core. This book teaches you how to use the latest techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises to help you to learn various techniques, and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multi-column pages that adapt for mobile devices.
It help's you to learn
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you can do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
You will learn more from this book
- A handy two-book set that uniquely combines related technologies.
- Highly visual format and accessible language make these books highly effective learning tools.
- Perfect for beginning web designers and front-end developers.
- Create and optimize web graphics so they’ll download as quickly as possible.
- Understand what responsive design is, and why it's vital for modern web development.