Best WebGL books to build realistic 2D games within the 3D coordinate system
Web Graphics Library (WebGL) means to create sophisticated interactive 3D graphics inside web browsers, without plug-ins. It helps you to create realistic 3D scenes. These books are for the flash developer, the student of fine arts, the computer science engineer, game developers, and obviously for those who are interested in 3D web development.
Here you will get some best books of WebGL
If you want to understand the fundamentals of the OpenGL, particularly WebGL, which is built on top of OpenGL then this is the book for you. After reading this book, you'll be able to create sophisticated interactive 3D graphics inside web browsers, without plug-ins.
WebGL Programming Guide contains
- Overview of WebGL
- Your first step with WebGL
- Drawing and transforming triangles
- More transformation and basic animation
- Using colors and texture images
- The OpenGL ES shading language
- Toward the 3D world
- Lighting objects
- Hierarchical objects
- Advanced techniques.
- How to building your skills
- To build visually appealing web pages
- 3D applications with WebGL
- Media, 3D graphics
- Basic techniques such as rendering, animating, and texturing triangles.
Every chapter of this book includes detailed code, experiment section which are organized in a very logical order.
This book is for
- Flash developer
- Student of fine arts
- Computer science engineer
- Game developer
- someone with a passion to learn and curiosity
You’ll learn from this book
- Introduction to WebGL
- Essential WebGL development and production concepts
- How to implement 3D graphics in WebGL
- How to create WebGL sample pages
- To build a racing game application
- The tools, file formats, and techniques for developing robust
- Secure applications in a production environment.
Professional WebGL Programming is a great book for you even if you have no prior experience with WebGL. This book provides you a comprehensive overview of WebGL and shows how it relates to other graphics-related technologies, teaches you how to write vertex shaders and fragment shaders for WebGL, It also includes a lot of useful guidelines, tips, and tricks for WebGL performance optimizations.
Key contents are
- Introducing WebGL
- Creating basic WebGL examples
- Animations and user input
- WebGL performance optimizations.
This book covers everything that you need to know from a basic understanding of WebGL structure to creating realistic 3D scenes.
WebGL Beginner's Guide offers you
- Learning goals for the chapter
- A detailed description of each topic
- Up-to-date introductions to a wide range of essential WebGL topics
- Including drawing
- Color, texture
- Frame buffers
- Light, surfaces
- Geometry, and more
Who this book is intended for
- The beginner as no prior WebGL knowledge is expected.
A well-recommended book for understanding WebGL for both intermediate and advanced WebGL developers.
- How to solve problems related to performance, engine design, shader pipelines, rendering, mobile devices, testing etc.
- Hardware vendors sharing performance
- Robustness advise for mobile
- Browser developers providing deep insight into WebGL implementations and testing
- To design and performance techniques for many of the most popular WebGL engines.
WebGL Gems is a very informative book from which you will learn how to build 2D games within the 3D coordinate system. It is easy to understand the book, as Greg Sidelnikov wrote it in a simple and concise manner.
- How to initialize WebGL in your browser
- To clear the screen
- How to load 3D models from Blender in PLY format with complete source code
Each chapter cover
- A focused aspect of WebGL coding
- creation of a canvas and initializing WebGL
- the graphics pipeline and shaders
- some basic vector and matrix math
- 3d transformations
- Drawing a triangle
- Model loading
- Mouse + keyboard interactions.
This is a very simple, ready-to-use interactive 3D book that covers many popular applications for the Web including examples of deploying 3D applications such as building interactive products for e-commerce, extending social media, visualizing big data, and more.
What you'll learn
- The design of 3D objects
- lighting scenes
- To view scenes from various camera positions
- How to load 3D objects created by artists in modeling tools in the background
- How to send data to control 3D from a web browser to the graphics card for rich and engaging graphical presentation and much more.
WebGL Hotshot is well recommended for
- Web designer looking to expand knowledge of 3D graphics concepts
- Those looking for an introduction to 3D graphics
- People who have basic programming knowledge.
About This Book
- Simple, ready-to-use interactive 3D demonstrations and explanations for a variety of popular and innovative websites
- Detailed overview of how to build 3D environments including features such as designing, navigating, and interacting in 3D scenes
- Instantly deploy 3D websites for a variety of applications including e-commerce, social media, visualizing big data, and mobile devices
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web designer looking to expand your knowledge of 3D graphics concepts and broaden your existing skill set, then this book is for you. Those looking for an introduction to 3D graphics will benefit from WebGL Hotshot as it is a perfect guide to master 3D concepts, helping you build and deploy 3D worlds much quicker. The book assumes a basic knowledge of HTML, though it can be learned concurrently while reading this book. Basic programming knowledge is useful; however, the graphical nature of web 3D content allows you to learn programming through experimentation.
What You Will Learn
- Get well-versed with fundamental technologies of 3D graphics including the design of 3D objects, lighting scenes, and viewing scenes from various camera positions
- Discover how to send data to control 3D from a web browser to the graphics card for rich and engaging graphical presentation
- Understand the role of graphics card programming using shader languages to control the appearance of a 3D scene down to each individual pixel
- Explore how to load 3D objects created by artists in modeling tools in the background
- Integrate Web3D content with databases and other web applications such as social media to extend common applications with 3D
- Control the parameters of cameras such as field-of-view, removal of distant objects, and environmental effects such as fog and night scenes
This book presents many popular applications for the Web including examples of deploying 3D applications such as building interactive products for e-commerce, extending social media, visualizing big data, and more. It helps you master how to instantly create and deploy Web3D content, demonstrating a variety of common and unique web applications and exploring the artistic features of 3D. It is ideal for current web developers or those looking for a starting point to learn about 3D graphics technology in a bleeding-edge field.
Key coverage includes
- Gaming on the web
- Taking the first steps
- Going the mobile
- Building the game
- Delegating tasks to web workers
- Creating graphics with canvas
- Creating the game display
- Interacting with the game
- Animating game graphics
- Creating audio for games
- Creating 3D graphics with WebGL
- Local storage and multiplayer games
- Local storage and caching
- Going online with web sockets.