Best Windows Server 2016 Books | Advance Your Career in IT Infrastructure
Windows Server 2016 is the cloud ready operating system developed by Microsoft that delivers new layers of security and Azure inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that power your business.
Candidates for this exam should perform installing, configuring and computing functionalities available in Windows Server 2016. The certification exams help you differentiate yourself and validate your knowledge and skills. Here you will get some of the best windows servers 2016 books.
Provide a realistic approach to implementing Windows Server 2016 in your environment.
In this book, Orin Thomas covers the concepts in a straightforward and easy to understand manner and focuses on Windows Server 2016’s most powerful and innovative features. The relevant sections of this book include web references for further information. This is a must-read book for experienced Windows Server users and IT professionals.
You'll know the following
- How the Windows Server platform fits in with the latest trends in deployment
- Automated code-driven configuration management
- The latest thoughts and practices in business security and secure administrative processes
- How experts tackle today’s essential tasks–and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- How to ensure fast, reliable upgrades and migrations
- Use IPAM to centrally manage all enterprise DNS and DHCP infrastructure
- How to build flexible cloud and hybrid environments with windows containers and shielded VMs
- Improve configuration management with desired state configuration and chef
- Protect servers, clients, assets, and users with advanced Windows Server 2016 security features including Just Enough Administration.
This book also covers more recent features technologies in Windows Server, such as
- Software-defined storage
- Software-defined networking
- Shielded VMs
- Nano server
Windows Server 2016 Inside Out provides you everything to know about Microsoft's most recent server operating system in the most efficient way to plan, implement, or manage Windows Server in an enterprise, data center, cloud, and hybrid environments.
Ultimate companion on the journey to earning the MCSA Windows Server 2016 certification
A great easy to follow study guide covers all of the exam topics to make you a skilled person and help you understand how these skills are used on the job. It provides you everything that you need to take a complete and comprehensive preparation for the certification exam.
- Installing windows server 2016
- Installing in the enterprise
- Configuring storage and replication
- Understanding Hyper-V
- Configuring high availability
- Understanding clustering
- Configuring windows containers
- Maintaining windows server
- Understanding monitoring
- Configuring TCP/IP
- Configuring DNS
- Configuring DHCP
- Implement IP address management
- Configuring network access
- Understanding file services
- Configuring high availability
- Implementing software-defined networking
- Installing an active directory
- Administer active directory
- Maintaining an active directory
- Implementing GPOs
- Understanding certificates
- Configure access and information protection solutions
You'll get the following which helps you achieve complete readiness
- 100 percent of all exam objectives
- Hands-on exercises to strengthen your practical skills
- Real-world scenarios
- Over 500 practice question
- Online test bank gives you access to electronic flashcards, practice exams, and over an hour of expert video demonstrations.
Hyper-V: The rising star in the virtualization space to turn greater capabilities into better datacenter solutions.
Mastering Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V is an excellent book that introduces the most important aspects of Hyper-V with practical real-world guidance. John Savill also covers an appropriate amount of PowerShell examples for Hyper-V admins. The coverage of this book helps you to simplify the infrastructure, reduce costs, improve productivity, and better manage system resources.
Key topics are
- Introduction to virtualization and Microsoft solutions
- Virtual machine resource fundamentals
- Virtual networking
- Storage configurations
- Managing Hyper-V
- Maintaining a Hyper-V environment
- Failover clustering and migration technologies
- Hyper-V replica and cloud orchestration
- Implementing the private cloud, SCVMM, and Microsoft Azure stack
- Containers and docker
- Remote desktop services
- Microsoft Azure IaaS, storage, and networking
- Bringing it all together with a best-of-breed cloud solution.
Hyper-V is a very important topic for today that improves scalability and features and works as an ideal solution in the small/medium business and enterprise markets.
MCSA Windows Server 2016 Exam Ref 3-Pack covers almost everything you need to know and is a must-have for certification.exam. By reading this book you will be able to know how to install and configure DNS servers, DNS zones and records, DHCP, IP address management (IPAM) and how to manage DNS and DHCP using IPAM.
- Implement a domain name system (DNS)
- Implement DHCP
- Implement IP address management (IPAM)
- Implement network connectivity and remote access solutions
- Implement core and distributed network solutions
- Implement an advanced network infrastructure.
You'll also able to determine scenarios and implement software-defined networking (SDN).
Thorough coverage of all exam topics
In Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Dusan Petkovic covers 30 chapters where he explains in detail each part as a whole the project filled with new real-world examples and hands-on exercises. It contains plenty of information for the seasoned professional with newest business intelligence, reporting, and security features.
This book is divided into five parts
- Basic concepts
- Transact-SQL language
- System administration
- SQL Server and business intelligence
- Beyond relational data
What you'll learn
- How to write Transact-SQL statements
- Execute simple and complex database queries
- Handle system administration and security
- Use the powerful analysis and BI tools.
Best-selling Hyper-V book with expert solutions and techniques
People who have a server background and want to get started with Windows Server Hyper-V and Hyper-V administrators who are looking to take advantage of all exciting new features this book is for them. This book helps you master the administrative tasks of Hyper-V and The hands-on advanced recipes will help you deploy, maintain, and upgrade Hyper-V virtual machines.
This book gives you
- Everything you need to master virtualization and Hyper-V Manager
- New features and updates
- Over 80 hands-on recipes
- tips, tricks and best practices to deploy, maintain and upgrade your virtual machines.
This book is a full course of Hyper-V including
- Hyper-V Server in Full, Server Core, and Nano Server
- Physical and virtual machines
- Configure network, memory, security
- Auditing settings for virtual machines
- Disaster recovery
- PowerShell automation
- Nested virtualization
- Distributed storage QoS
- Hyper-V Replica
- Multiple VMs and support Windows Hyper-V 2016 clusters
Great book if you want to get started with Windows Server Hyper-V.
Windows Server 2016 is a four full-length Personal Training Guides where the author explains everything in great detail as the whole project. Four guides are Windows Server 2016: Installing & Configuring, Windows Server 2016: Storage Solutions, Revised Edition, Windows Server 2016: Essential Services, Windows Server 2016: Domain Infrastructure. This book contains total of 30 chapters with plentiful information for the seasoned professional.
Windows Server 2016: Installing & Configuring covers
- Planning server deployments
- Building enterprise solutions
- Designing for high availability
- Deploying full-server and server core
- Deploying Nano server and windows containers
- Managing boot configuration data
- Hacking the registry
- Configuring roles and features
- Managing server binaries
- Selecting hardware components
- Managing and troubleshooting hardware
- Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Configuring event forwarding
- Tracking server health and performance
- Optimizing server performance and much more
Windows Server 2016: Storage Solutions covers
- Configuring file services
- Installing disks and storage
- Managing bit locker drive encryption
- Configuring roles and features
- Working with NTFS and ReFS
- Using storage spaces and storage replicas
- Maintaining and optimizing storage
- Using data deduplication
- Implementing file sharing
- Managing file security, access controls, and auditing
- Using claims-based controls, file screening and storage reporting
- Developing backup and recovery strategies and much more.
Windows Server 2016: Essential Services covers
- Managing IPv4 and IPv6 network addressing
- Planning for DNS and DHCP
- Designing services infrastructure
- Implementing and managing DNS
- Configuring advanced DNS services
- Implementing and managing DHCP
- Configuring advanced DHCP services
- Troubleshooting DNS and DHCP
- Deploying print services
- Managing and maintaining print services
- Diagnosing and resolving networking issues and much more
Windows Server 2016: Domain Infrastructure covers
- Designing an active directory infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining accounts
- Configuring account policies
- Troubleshooting and resetting accounts
- Planning OUs, domains and forests
- Managing operations masters and global catalogs
- Delegating authentication
- Managing domain and forest trusts and much more
In this book, the author provides you hundreds of timesaving solutions, comprehensive overviews, step-by-step procedures, frequently used tasks, documented examples, and expert advice.
Improve the performance and storage of your Windows server with enhanced large-scale PowerShell scripts to improve PowerShell's usability
Windows Server 2016 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook is an amazing PowerShell book which explains some of the more powerful capabilities of PowerShell. By reading this book you'll be the master of the new features such as DevOps, containers, nano servers, and speed up their performance using PowerShell.
You'll get the PowerShell and windows server features including
- What's new in PowerShell and windows server
- Implementing NanoServer
- Managing windows updates
- Managing printers
- Managing server backup
- Managing performance
- Troubleshooting servers
- Managing windows network services
- Managing network shares
- Managing internet information server
- Managing Hyper-V
- Managing Azure
- Using desired state configuration
By reading this book you'll learn how to create and manage a reliable and redundant Hyper-V, manage your enterprise's patch level and utilize multiple tools and protocols to manage your environment
People who need to set up a small business network with windows server essentials this book is for them. you will be able to set up any domain, file and printer servers and backups quite easily.
It also gives you additional information on troubleshooting the connection and the web resources offer the same and sometimes better information in a more convenient form that will definitely help you.
What you'll get
- Over 190 illustrations
- Practical examples and
- Clear explanations
You'll get the idea about
- Hardware and infrastructure
- Installation of windows server 2016 essentials
- Windows server essentials user interface
- Users and folders
- Connecting computers to the server
- Backups and restores
- Remote access
- Housekeeping and monitoring the health of the system
- Working with mobile devices
- Group policy
- Miscellaneous and advanced topics.
Design and build a reliable and efficient Hyper-V infrastructure
Hyper-V 2016 Best Practices is a great book to get you started with your virtual infrastructure and will help you in designing, implementing, and managing highly effective and highly available Hyper-V infrastructures. This book covers real-world proven solutions, tips and suggestions to configure Hyper-V.
Key topics are
- Accelerating Hyper-V Deployment
- Deploying Highly Available Hyper-V Clusters
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Storage Best Practices
- Network Best Practices
- Highly Effective Hyper-V Design
- Hyper-V Performance Tuning
- Management with System Center and Azure
- Migration to Hyper-V 2016
You'll learn how to create high availability solutions using failover clustering, design redundant solutions with Hyper-V Replica, protect your workloads by making a backup or learning disaster recovery, manage your Hyper-V stack with system center and Azure and much more after reading this book.