Learning Resources for Kotlin
- Standalone Compiler: You can also use the command line and a standalone compiler.
- Kotlin Educational Plugin: JetBrains released a plugin for their famous IDE IntelliJ IDEA that allows you to take programming courses. They also made one available: Kotlin Koans.
- Kotlin Mega Tutorial: This is everything all you need to learn Kotlin. Go step-by-step and learn more effectively.
- Kotlin Tutorial: A complete video tutorial to start using Kotlin more easily.
- 10 Kotlin Tricks in 10-ish Minutes: This is all about the features of Kotlin presenting in a friendly way.
- Kotlin Academy: This is the site with a mission to simplify Kotlin learning. Take a look and get updated along with the features and trends.
- Kotlin for Beginners: Learn Programming with Kotlin, this is a course that will help you to learn Kotlin from scratch. You will learn the basic features and concepts behind programming and the Kotlin language.
- Introduction to Kotlin for Java Developers: Learn Kotlin, modern language for the JVM in a more efficient way. Though it sounds like an introductory course it will teach you Kotlin in a detailed way.
- Kotlin Fundamentals: Kotlin brings modern idioms to the Java platform and reduces the amount of code needed to develop software. This course will teach you all the aspects of the Kotlin language. In this course, you'll get an in-depth look at using Kotlin applications with no prior Kotlin knowledge needed. First, you'll discover how to use Kotlin for functional programming. Next, you'll explore the reification of generic types. Then, you'll get a better understanding of immutability and null checks in Kotlin. Finally, you'll wrap up the course by learning how to use higher-order functions. By the end of this course, you'll know the syntax and features of Kotlin.
- Introduction to Kotlin Programming: Get a full tour of language basics and learn to start writing Kotlin code. Gain an in-depth understanding of why Android developers flock to Kotlin. Understand the advantages of Kotlin compared to Java and Scala.
- Advanced Kotlin Programming: Understand the approach that makes Kotlin so extensible and unique compared to other JVM languages. Examine advanced topics like infix functions, tail recursion, and lambda extensions. Explore the inventive features Kotlin offers for working with classes. Learn how Kotlin handles concerns related to delegation. Dive deep into issues related to generics - constraints, covariance, and more. Discover the techniques Kotlin employs for metaprogramming and introspection. Understand how Kotlin implements asynchronous programming using co-routines.
Books are the best supplement for learning anything well concisely. It will provide everything you need and make yourself a pro. Books are the best comprehensive reference and it will provide you the complete outline in brief. There are several books written by the experts which will help you to go through step-by-step. Make a start and shape up your plan to learn in a more efficient and effective way.
- Kotlin in Action: It teaches you to use the Kotlin language for production-quality applications. This book is suitable for experienced Java developers, this example-rich book goes further than most language books, covering interesting topics like building DSLs (Domain Specific Languages) with natural language syntax. The authors are core Kotlin developers, so you can trust them without any hesitation.
- Programming Kotlin: It covers all aspects of the language with a particular focus on server-side development. The book is for existing Java developers who want to learn more about an alternative JVM language. If you want to see what Kotlin has offered, this book is ideal for you.
- Fundamental Kotlin: This book is focused on the language's most important features and aspects. The book doesn't go into too much theory since it's focused on exact examples of notes and code provided. This book is for developers and for people who are on their way to becoming developers.
- Modern Web Development with Kotlin: This book is about Web development with Kotlin. It covers just enough basics to get started but mostly concentrates on the practical aspect of using the language. In particular, it guides you through the process of building a technology-packed Web application while using popular backend and frontend technologies.