The Best Robotics Books 2023 | Start Your Journey
A robot is a programmable mechanical device that can perform tasks and interact with its environment, without the aid of human interaction. Robotics is the science and technology behind the design, manufacturing, and application of robots.
These technologies are used to develop machines that can be a substitute for humans. Robots can be used in any situation and for any purpose, but today many are used in dangerous environments, manufacturing processes.
If you want to start making robots and looking for some books that can help you to start your journey, then this article will be helpful to you. read more Here I've listed some of the best robotics books of 2023 in this field. Take a close look and see what you find!
This Robotics All-Inclusive Self-Assessment enables You to be that person. INCLUDES all the tools you need for an in-depth Robotics Self-Assessment. Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core levels of Robotics maturity, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Robotics improvements can be made.
In using the questions you will be better able to:
Diagnose Robotics projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices. Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals. Integrate recent advances in Robotics and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines. Using the Self-Assessment tool gives you the Robotics Scorecard, enabling you to develop a clear picture of which Robotics areas need attention.
Introduction to Robotics: Analysis, Control, Applications, offers a guide to the fundamentals of robotics, robot components and subsystems and applications. The author―a noted expert on the topic―covers the mechanics and kinematics of serial and parallel robots, both with the Denavit-Hartenberg approach as well as screw-based mechanics. In addition, the text contains information on microprocessor applications, control systems, vision systems, sensors, and actuators.
This important text:
- Offers a revised and updated guide to the fundamental of robotics
- Contains information on robot components, robot characteristics, robot languages, and robotic applications
- Covers the kinematics of serial robots with Denavit-Hartenberg methodology and screw-based mechanics
- Includes the fundamentals of control engineering, including analysis and design tools
- Discusses kinematics of parallel robots
you'll learn the how, why, and who behind the robots we have today.
- Explore the history of robots and artificial intelligence and read about important innovators such as Ada Lovelace, Charles Babbage, Nikola Tesla, Alan Turing, Dean Kamen, and Cynthia Breazeal etc.
- Use the Design Thinking Process as you create projects such as a hydraulic robot arm, an ArtBot with a programmable body, a Solar Powered Wobblebot made from recycled parts, and a gravity-powered mini robot walker.
- Learn coding basics through pen-and-paper activities and explore free online programming languages such as MIT's Scratch and Microsoft's MakeCode.
- Essential questions, links to online primary resources, fascinating facts and brief sidebars help readers learn the basics of robotics while exploring their creativity as they design and build their own robots and robotic components.
4. Awesome Robotics Projects for Kids: 20 Original STEAM Robots and Circuits to Design and Build (Awesome STEAM Activities for Kids)
Get ready to build all kinds of incredible robots―right in your own home! Designed for young robot builders, these do-it-yourself robotics for kids projects will teach you about science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) as you assemble an amazing collection of real working robots! This book walks you through robotics for kids, one beautifully photographed project at a time. The robots start out simple and get more advanced as you go, helping you boost your skills (and your confidence) at the same time. Get started today!
This exciting guide to robotics for kids includes:
- 20 awesome projects―Rock the world of robotics for kids with nearly two-dozen different designs for bots that glow, draw, walk, climb, and more.
- Full-colour photos―Construction is easy thanks to clear directions and 200 step-by-step pictures that help you build your robot right.
- Robots in the world―Chapters are divided based on the functions of robots, showing you how they can be used to help in your day-to-day life.
Learn Robotics with Raspberry Pi will take you start building a two-wheeled robot powered by a Raspberry Pi minicomputer and then program it using Python, the world's most popular programming language. Gradually, you'll improve your robot by adding increasingly advanced functionality until it can follow lines, avoid obstacles, and even recognize objects of a certain size and colour using computer vision. Through the book, you'll learn fundamental electronics skills like how to wire up parts, use resistors and regulators, and determine how much power your robot needs. By the end, you'll have learned the basics of coding in Python and know enough about working with hardware like LEDs, motors, and sensors to expand your creations beyond simple robots.
Learn how to:
- Control your robot remotely using only a Wii remote
- Teach your robot to use sensors to avoid obstacles
- Program your robot to follow a line autonomously
- Customize your robot with LEDs and speakers to make it light up and play sounds
- See what your robot sees with a Pi Camera
We live in an age where the most difficult human tasks are now automated. Smart and intelligent robots, which will perform different tasks precisely and efficiently, are the requirement of the hour. A combination of Raspberry Pi and Python works perfectly when making these kinds of robots.
Learn Robotics Programming starts by introducing you to the basic structure of a robot, along with how to plan, build, and program it. As you make your way through the book, you will gradually progress to adding different outputs and sensors, learning new building skills, and writing code for interesting behaviours with sensors. You'll also be able to update your robot and set up web, phone, and Wi-Fi connectivity in order to control it.
What You Will Learn:
- Configure a Raspberry Pi for use in a robot.
- Interface motors and sensors with a Raspberry Pi.
- Implement code to make interesting and intelligent robot behaviours.
- Understand the first steps in AI behaviour such as speech recognition visual processing.
- Control AI robots using Wi-Fi.
- Plan the budget for the requirements of robots while choosing parts.
The second edition of this handbook provides a state-of-the-art overview on the various aspects in the rapidly developing field of robotics. Reaching for the human frontier, robotics is vigorously engaged in the growing challenges of new emerging domains. Interacting, exploring, and working with humans, the new generation of robots will increasingly touch people and their lives. The credible prospect of practical robots among humans is the result of the scientific endeavour of half a century of robotic developments that established robotics as a modern scientific discipline. The ongoing vibrant expansion and strong growth of the field during the last decade has fueled this second edition of the Springer Handbook of Robotics.
What is the profession you want to take in the future, is it a white-collar job or a blue-collar? Well, as technology continues to grow and humans are replaced by machines, it's time to rethink. In the future, fewer people will be necessary because robots and artificial intelligence are already well on their way to make "good jobs" obsolete. This advancement of technology may cause havoc. The result can be massive unemployment and inequality as well as the implosion of the consumer economy itself.
Rise of the Robots is an essential read to understand the impact of accelerating technology on our economic prospects.
What you'll learn:
- The history of automation
- Analyzing our present technological improvements
- The role of information technology in the job fields
- The risks of white-collar jobs
- Transforming higher education perspective for a secure future
- Technologies and industries of future
- Super intelligence and singularity
- The new economic paradigm made by technology
Do robots fascinates you? Do you want to build your own robot? If so, you’ll be delighted with Robotics- the book that explains almost all the aspects of robotics to make you an expert from a beginner.
With this book, you’ll learn the history of robotics, the 3 Rules, and meet the very first robots.
What you'll learn:
- Essential hardware components of robots: - Analog and Digital Brains
- DC, Servo, and Stepper Motors
- Bump Sensors and Light Sensors
- Software basics of RoboCORE
- How you can construct an Autonomous Wall Climbing Robot
- Materials for building your own robot
- Important circuit schematics
- Cognitive robotics
- Cloud robotics and Autonomous robotics
What do you think of robots? Many people think of a metallic, human looking, machine when they think of a robot. The reality these days is a little less dramatic than that.
In appearance, modern robots are often complex limbs or moving tools. In this book, the idea of robots is clearly explained to make you understand the different aspects of robotics.
If you are interested in the future, history and present state of robotics, then this book is a must-read for you.
What you'll learn:
- A brief overview of robotics
- The history of robotics
- Three key aspects of robots-form, electrical components, and computer codes
- The uses of robots
- The benefits of using robots instead of human
- Careers in robotics and which one you should choose
- Research in robotics
- The future of robotics
What you'll learn:
- Programming robot sensors and motors
- Programming a robot arm to perform a task
- Designing the robot’s tasks in an environment by developing an R.S.V.P. (Robot Scenario Visual Planning)
- Safe Autonomous Robot Application Architecture approach to program robots safely
- Programming robots with Arduino C/C++ and Java languages
- Programming LEGO® Mindstorms EV3, Arduino, and other ARM7 and ARM9-based robots
- Building your first autonomous robot
Making Simple Robots is based on the idea that anyone can build a robot. If you are curious enough, no matter what you know about robots, you still can build something using your everyday stuff. It is an easily understandable book for everyone.
With this guide, you'll be able to move beyond the basic craft skills and materials to the latest products and tools being used by artists and inventors.
What you'll learn:
- Making an inflatable robot
- Programming a rag doll that blinks its cyborg's eye
- Making a swarm of gliding Vibrobots
- Building a solar beam Wobbleboat
- Making your own chatbot program
- Making a Fibrebot, an E-textile Arduino robot
- Building a plotter robot
This is a complete beginner book to help those people who don't know the first thing about robotics. Absolute Beginner's Guide to Building Robots is an easy-to-understand, well-written, and engaging guide truly for the beginners.
With fascinating facts about robots, it will help you to understand all the basic ideas of robotics and build your own robots. Besides, it provides the resources and skills you need to advance in the field of robotics.
What you'll learn:
- Basic concepts of robotics
- The general structure of a robot
- Necessary tools and equipment to build robots
- Important techniques to build working robots
- Building a coat hanging walker
- Building a disk-rover robot
- Fundamentals of robot hardware and software
Robot Modeling and Control is for those who are studying or working in the field of robotics. This book offers a thoroughly updated introduction to robotics.
It follows a step-by-step computational approach to help you derive and compute the forward kinematics, inverse kinematics, and Jacobians for the most common robot designs. With numerous examples, it provides detailed coverage of vision and visual servo control that enables you to program robots to manipulate objects sensed by cameras.
What you'll learn:
- Mathematical modeling of robots
- Mechanical aspects of robots
- Common kinematic arrangements
- Rigid motions and homogenous transformation
- Forward and inverse kinematics
- Velocity kinematics
- Path and trajectory planning
- Multivariable control
- Geometric non-linear control
- Vision-based control
15. Robotics: DISCOVER THE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF THE FUTURE with 20 PROJECTS (Build It Yourself)
“I wrote this book because I love building robots. I want you to love building robots, too. It took me a while to learn about many of the tools and parts in amateur robotics. Perhaps by writing about my experiences, I can give you a head start.” ―David Cook
Robot Building for Beginners, Second Edition is an update of David Cook’s best-selling Robot Building for Beginners. This book continues its aim at teenagers and adults who have an avid interest in science and dream of building household explorers. No formal engineering education is assumed.
The robot described and built in this book is battery powered and about the size of a lunchbox. It is autonomous. That is, it isn’t remote controlled.
You’ll begin with some tools of the trade, and then work your way through prototyping, robot bodybuilding, and eventually soldering your own circuit boards. By the book’s end, you will have a solid amateur base of understanding so that you can begin creating your own robots to vacuum your house or maybe even rule the world!
Begin with the basics as you build and program a simple robot to experiment with motors, sensors, and EV3 programming. Then you'll move on to a series of increasingly sophisticated robots that will show you how to work with advanced programming techniques like data wires, variables, and custom-made programming blocks. You'll also learn essential building techniques like how to use beams, gears, and connector blocks effectively in your own designs.
What You Will Learn
- The EXPLOR3R, a wheeled vehicle that uses sensors to navigate around a room and follow lines
- The FORMULA EV3 RACE CAR, a streamlined remote-controlled race car
- ANTY, a six-legged walking creature that adapts its behavior to its surroundings
- SK3TCHBOT, a robot that lets you play games on the EV3 screen
- The SNATCH3R, a robotic arm that can autonomously find, grab, lift, and move the infrared beacon
- LAVA R3X, a humanoid robot that walks and talks.