Straight Talk for Startups: 100 Insider Rules for Beating the Odds--From Mastering the Fundamentals to Selecting Investors, Fundraising, Managing Boards, and Achieving Liquidity
Entrepreneurs are someone who designs, launch, and run a new business. He is an innovator who plays a great role in the economy and is a source of new ideas, goods, services, and business procedures. If you want to build a Startup you should research your target market, find a mentor, take a business plan, deciding where you work, and have an extra hand.
Following is the book of the Straight Talk for Startups: 100 Insider Rules for Beating the Odds--From Mastering the Fundamentals to Selecting Investors, Fundraising, Managing Boards, and Achieving Liquidity.
Straight Talk for Startups book is a modern primer for today's start-up world where the topics are broken down into digestible chapters. It provides a great advice for entrepreneurship and also a great way to gain invaluable business insight that applies to anyone. This book can be your start-up if you are a novice, or experienced in business. In this book, Randy Komisar and Jantoon Reigersman share the knowledge, tips, and tricks they have gleaned from years of being on both sides of the table.
This book provides
- The cardinal rule
- Useful examples to find specific information
- Tangible and fact-based tools
- Actionable advice
Straight Talk for Startups covers many vital rules including
- The best ideas originate from founders who are users
- Create two business plans: an execution plan and an aspirational plan
- Net income is an option, but cash flow is a fact
- Don't accept money from strangers
- Personal wealth doesn't equal good investing
- Small boards are better than big ones
- Add independent board members for expertise and objectivity
- Too many unanimous board decisions are a sign of trouble
- Choose an acquirer, don't wait to be chosen
- Learn the rules by heart so you know when to break them
All the rules are organized under broad topics from
- Mastering the Fundamentals and Selecting the Right Investors to The Ideal Fundraise
- Building and Managing Effective Boards and
- Achieving Liquidity.
Straight Talk for Startups is a must-read for
- All PE
- Home office
- Corporate investors
- People who want to start a company or wants to better run one
- Anyone running, working for, or thinking about creating a startup
- Those who are curious about what makes high-potential ventures tick.
This book is filled with helpful real-life examples, specific, actionable advice, tangible and fact-based tools needed for survival in the competitive world of startups. Nowadays everyone wants to be an entrepreneur. This book covers a list of 100 rules which will give insight into every part of the process that will necessary for everyone to be an entrepreneurship.