The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity book review
This book provides a framework for robotics and AI where Robotics is One of the main goals of Artifical Intelligence (AI). The fourth age bought this two technology and offers the fascinating insight into AI, robotics, and their extraordinary implications for our species.
Here you will get The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity
Byron Reese: Contemplates the intersection of technology and history with the future
He is the CEO and publisher of the technology research company Gigaom and works 25 years as a successful tech entrepreneur, with multiple IPOs and exits. He loves technology and science fiction and spent the big part of his life exploring the interplay of technology with human history. He is the author of Infinite Progress and is a futurist, technologist, speaker, podcast host who immediately started going door-to-door and made a kid-sized fortune.
About the book
This book provides a framework for robotics and AI by which you can understand, discuss, and act on the issues of the Fourth Age and know about machine consciousness, automation, employment, creative computers, radical life extension, artificial life, AI ethics, the future of warfare, superintelligence, and the implications of extreme prosperity. In this book, he focuses on how to think about the technologies and the ways in which they will change the world forever. This is a very thought-provoking book about AI and how technology will impact humanity in the future.
What you'll learn from this book
- The difference between the freeway billboards marketing the latest smart this-or-that
- The types of concerns that have kept eminent scientists awake at night
- Lots of familiar concepts framed within the arc of history and with a focus on the implications for the human condition
- The implications of AI
- Quotable historical stories on us in every chapter
- Analyzes all of the various viewpoints about artificial intelligence
- A deep understanding of human history
- A superb vision for where we are going as a species
- Clear view of the forces causing the disruptive technological change and the rise of platforms, AI, and automation.
By reading this book you will be able to
- Improve your own views and strategies with regard to talk and work better with those you disagree with
- See what data and learning will resolve many of your current debates
- See where things are likely going, why they move so fast
- Know what leading indicators will confirm your intuitions.
In this book, Byron Reese shows you how to work your way through this book, how to finish this book with a thorough understanding of where your beliefs lead you. This book is a great journey for you to walk through 100,000 years of human history. It also provides you fascinating blurbs about history, staggering statistics, and eye-opening outlooks on what awaits humanity's future with ubiquitous AI, automation, prediction, AGI, the future of work and jobs and what that might mean for your identity and purpose. You will know how AI and automation will change the world for the better. You can get this book from here.
Also you can check best robotics book.